The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough

Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Empty Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough

Post by Nessness Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:09 am

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough

This is pretty much my playthrough of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. This will be done by summarizing the main events and posting a small amount of screenshots.

I will do the post-game of this game, unlike the Pokémon Crystal Playthrough. Thank you.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Empty Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:17 am

Yay, the Pokemon spin-offs I don't like. Razz XD I'll still go through these because I enjoy your playthroughs, though.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Empty Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough

Post by Marowak Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:39 pm

To be fair Zero you can enjoy them more because you see what happens without actually having to play them.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:45 pm

I can't wait to see you play through this game since I never played this version.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Mr. Zero Revolution wrote:Yay, the Pokemon spin-offs I don't like. Razz XD I'll still go through these because I enjoy your playthroughs, though.

Cubone wrote:To be fair Zero you can enjoy them more because you see what happens without actually having to play them.

I never knew that about Zero lol.

And I used an emulator, as usual, this game wasn't released in South Korea due to stupid NoK.

Part 1: Team Nocturne

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-11-22-34-50
    The personality classified me as a Timid Person, so my starter is Cyndaquil again. Cyndaquil is my favorite starter Pokemon anyway.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-11-22-37-07
    Chapter 1 is pretty much a prologue episode where you will get to experience the game first.

Rule Number 1: All Main Characters in my plays are named Equinox.
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough CkuoTkLPokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-10-26-19-46-55-1

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-11-22-42-09
    My partner is Pikachu, and I named him Solstice. Cyndaquil is Equinox, as usual.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-11-22-46-03
    The first dungeon of this game is Beach Cave. Though it is filled with Water-Types, they don't have any water attacks so you won't have a hard time going through here.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-11-22-49-42
    And the first boss battle of this game takes place here. It's Koffing and Jubat, who stole Solstice the Pikachu's Relic Fragment. It is painfully easy, just use a Blast Seed or use Tackle to OHKO them.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-11-22-54-36
    Chapter 2 is where you get to enter Wigglytuff's Guild.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-11-22-58-59
    My Exploration Team's name is going to be Team Nocturne.

We will continue on the next episode where we get our first job as an exploration team. Until then, goodbye.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:33 pm

You don't really seem like a timid person to me. Also, this game seems really similar to Explorers of Time. I'm guessing they were a dual release like the main series Pokemon games?
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:56 pm

There's the Time and Darkness dual release then Sky came after them both with all of the extra goodies for post game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:57 am

It's nice to see that Pikachu is your partner since he was also mine last time I played one of the games. The first boss also did not seem that bad but, it was only the into so the next one should be harder.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:15 am

Mr. Zero Revolution wrote:You don't really seem like a timid person to me. Also, this game seems really similar to Explorers of Time. I'm guessing they were a dual release like the main series Pokemon games?

Cubone wrote:There's the Time and Darkness dual release then Sky came after them both with all of the extra goodies for post game.

Yep, that's right. That's why the games share the term 'Explorers of something'.

Part 2: Wigglytuff: Tom Nook in the Pokemon World

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-12-23-09-23
    Our first job is to retrieve Spoink's Pearl, which is at Drenched Bluff B7F. I bet Spoink dropped it while it was jumping as usual. Oh well, the Pokedex states that Spoink dies if it doesn't jump.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-12-23-10-20
    Drenched Bluff is also a Water Type Dungeon. The Explorer games tend to have quite a lot of Water Dungeons at the start. Just be careful of the Chinglings which could Wrap you, it causes quite a lot of damage and you can't do a thing while you are wrapped.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-12-23-19-11
    Anyways, we found the pearl. Now let's go back to the guild.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-12-23-19-32
    Yay, we are rich! 2000P is quite a lot of money for an easy job like this, you know.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-12-23-19-50Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-12-23-19-59
    What? No!

Deja vu? wrote:
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough DDzKVvI
    And Tom Nook will remodel my house. I hope he doesn't mess it up.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough X5IqYsd
    Yes Tom Nook. I highly thank you for expanding my house. Now leave me alone.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough DmMFmjw
    Here we go again!!  Evil or Very Mad

And Wigglytuff decided to act like Tom Nook and took 90% of my money. Oh well, Wigglytuff is a nice guy other than that, while Tom Nook is just an evil raccoon.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-12-23-21-00
    We will enter Chapter 3 later. This is where the game's story really starts to kick in. Until then, goodbye.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:06 pm

XD

I love the Tom Nook reference. Yeah, he does seem like Tom Nook there.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:00 am

At least some money is better then no money.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:04 am

Part 3: The First Bristle

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-13-23-24-07
    Today is the outlaw catching day. Drowzee will be our first outlaw. He tricked Azurill by saying that he will help the Marill Brothers search for their lost item.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-13-23-24-32
    Some time later, he took Azurill into Mt. Bristle. The team got to know this thanks to Cyndaquil's dizzy spell, which is a very important storyline factor in this game. Then the team found Drowzee on the Guild's Outlaw Board, and so, the mission starts.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-14-22-24-14
    Mt. Bristle doesn't have a main type. But it is a hard dungeon, so be careful and follow these steps.

1. Level up your team at least up to Level 10 (Even more if you got Ground-Type Phanpy as your starter, there are quite a few Flying-Types around.) before going onto the 6th Floor. Some of the attacks are strong enough that could KO your Pokemon, like Quick Attack or Peck.

2. Get an Escape Orb and quickly use it if you are in a pinch. Also bring some Pecha Berries, there are many Pokemon that could poison you.

3. Be sure to step on Wonder Tiles after getting hit by String Shots, Speed is crucial in Mystery Dungeon Games. It is especially crucial in dungeons like Mt. Bristle, where Pokemon will get to unleash strong attacks on you.

Yeah, this dungeon is hard that it had the longest introduction so far. (Though it won't be that hard if you have Pikachu or Shinx as your starter) But it won't be too hard if you train the Pokemon. If you are using Phanpy, please train a lot before going to the upper floors.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-14-23-09-55
    The boss Drowzee will be here at the 10th Floor. Apparently, he used Azurill to make him go into a small hole and retrieve the treasure. Of course, this is unacceptable, so let's beat him. Drowzee won't be too hard if you leveled up you Pokemon (about 11), just use a Blast Seed and use your strongest attacks.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-14-23-12-11
    We will be seeing Drowzee later, so you won't have to miss him. Also the Marill Brothers will make a lot of appearance in the game, so yay for that.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-14-23-16-24
    At night, Solstice told the story of the Time Gears, which are protected in sacred areas. What will happen if it is gone? No one knows, but maybe the time will stop..

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-14-23-16-43
    And what's this? Some Pokemon has got one Time Gear already. Is this the end?

Part 4 will come directly after, so scroll down further. Thank you.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 am

Part 4: For your dinner's sake
    If you did not see Part 3 including Mt. Bristle, please scroll up and check it.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-14-23-12-25
    If you've got up to this point, you will get this episode (exclusive to the Sky version) which has Bidoof as a star. These episodes are actually pretty hard, so I will cover them after the main game. By the way, if you think Bidoof is terrible, play the Explorer Games. Then you will learn that Bidoof isn't the world's ugliest most annoying Pokemon.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-15-12-26-51
    The Mystery Dungeon games have these kinds of 'free days' which you don't have to go through the storyline. This is when you will get to pick your jobs and do them. Try to explore a lot on these free days to go through the storyline nicely.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-15-12-35-03
    These are the jobs that I am tackling today. I didn't do the Cheri Berry one since I could never find it in the first place.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-15-12-37-17
    Well, rescue these Pokemons and get the reward. That is the main goal of these free days. Though doing jobs on Mt. Bristle would net me more EXP, there were only Beach Cave/Drenched Bluff jobs, so I had to go to Drenched Bluff.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-15-12-42-40
    Chapter 4 doesn't really have anything to do with the main plot. Instead, you will be introduced into a fun minigame called Sentry Duty.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-15-12-47-17
    Normally Diglett would be the Sentry, but he has a different duty to do today. So we have to work with Loudred and do the duty.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-15-16-46-48
    The game itself is simple, look at the footprint of a random Pokemon, and get it right. Don't fret, hints will come up after a bit of time, so you will have a fair chance. Don't get hasty, the main goal is to get the answer right, not to finish the duty as fast as you can.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-15-16-47-12Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Playthrough Screenshot_2014-11-15-16-47-55
    Do the duty well, and you get a lot of rewards.

One Explorer Team on Youtube was unfortunate enough to fail the Sentry Duty and got no dinner. It is sad, considering that the leader of that team was Munchlax. He might never evolve into a Snorlax again.

We will continue Exploring on Part 5. Until then, goodbye.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:53 pm

I guess you where lucky that Pikachu made quick work the Pokemon then. I guess chapter 4 was also a nice break after going through 10 floors.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:06 am