The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough

Poll

Trivia Question! Which Zelda game first had individual music for all dungeons?

[ 1 ]
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough I_vote_lcap33%Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough I_vote_lcap0%Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough I_vote_lcap0%Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough I_vote_lcap67%Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough I_vote_rcap [67%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Empty Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough

Post by Nessness Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:56 am

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Zelda-Oracle-Banner

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough

It's finally time for more playthroughs! Last summer, we enjoyed a playthrough of Animal Crossing: Wild World. This time, we are going to play the Oracle Zelda Games! You will see me fighting with Maple the Witch, suffering in the dreaded Jabu Jabu's Belly, and doing all sorts of things with the rings.

The format will be similar to my Pokemon Crystal playthrough- I will only cut the important parts and summarize my thoughts after that.

Before starting, since we are going to play both Oracle of Ages and Seasons, you have to make me decide which game should I play first. Vote by using the upper poll. Ties are decided by dice rolls.

Episodes:

Last edited by Nessness on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:04 am; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Polls and Episode Lists)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Empty Re: Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:57 am

Since you're doing both, do Oracle of Ages first! Seasons is better, so you might as well get through the other one first, imo. :3
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Ages first! So I voted for that. :3
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:27 am

Which game should I play first?

Oracle of Ages [ 3 ]
    Oracle of Seasons [ 1 ]

Oracle of Ages won the poll, so we will play Ages first. Then we will continue with Seasons.

Prologue: Save the Maku Tree!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Oracle-of-Ages-Box
    Oracle of Ages is the more puzzle-based game out of the two Oracle games. While this game doesn't have much combat based events, it sure has many puzzles which can be very difficult to solve. (**cough**Jabu-Jabu**cough**Belly**cough**)

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough IciyedhAd3G0WV6IRkae0VDK61M3HcuJbfrtMw7dfZU=w160-h144-no
    The game starts as the Sorceress of Shadows, Veran takes over the body of the Oracle of Ages, Nayru. So what will happen next?

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough NGLh_pNI_Kaw-SSG1ar0qhfzl_80susKyiSraDk_b8Q=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough IaEg2w5kadAtMfL1HGxy24-iTv02TXK1AkUr8dhenBs=w160-h144-no
    All sorts of strange things happen. People turn into stones, day and night never changes, and some people even disappear. When Link goes to visit Maku Tree to get her help, it only seems that she started to disappear due to the stupid time paradox.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough YEceycib2-LhyH5kde3qHgeFplS7JjnNefWeCQE_Bqg=w160-h144-no
    Go, Link! Go to the past and fix the time so I can finish this playthrough!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough RLP7_AkK-XRpWvuGBvTSuzViWGFGh74S1vitJwdlsrM=w160-h144-no
    Things are even worse in the past. Since time has stopped, the workers can do nothing but to keep building this thing called the Black Tower. When the Black Tower gets finished, everything will be engulfed by the darkness!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough ZK4rNivzHg0OPH0Uacj5PfhVl4AXryJud2ZjpfURQl8=w160-h144-no
    In order to restore the Maku Tree, we have to go through a short dungeon trail called Maku Road to visit the Maku Tree in the past. But this is not really a dungeon after all, all you need to do is to push some blocks, meet the Maku Tree, and bam, it ends.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough T7ak_mEu1OYuEb2tltkU5OjjqkHX1BARE32BbJd7MHA=w160-h144-no
    Go away.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough US9UAxZ0Y9dZYCUaaxnlx6dtfKUYr7cUxK_4yKzxIq4=w160-h144-no
    Anyways we return back to the future. Finally we can get some help from the Maku Tree. Now, we have to get eight Essences of Time so that we could defeat Veran. Will Link's adventure succeed? Tune in next part to see what will happen.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 439px-WW_Link_HD_2
    Vote on the new poll which was uploaded above. Next part, Link will face the terrors of the graveyard dungeon so that he can gain the first essence of time. Since Link in this game is not Toon Link, I'm sure he will not get scared and do fine. Until then, goodbye.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:55 am

Day 1: Criminalink

This is not the first part of this playthrough, there's a prologue above this post. So if you didn't see the prologue, watch it before watching this.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough RNXs3PnmYHTr18xDBC8KwCweiuzjnCrS1V2M2DLzb8o=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough UTMrvHBYsf-CREYgIncNbAWLk3ABt2VRLP5gKMuAFQ0=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, the first dungeon is Spirit's Grave. This dungeon is pretty easy overall- the enemies are mostly a joke, and while there are some puzzles up there, most of them are easy to go through. Anyways do not try to go inside graves like Link in real life, that can be a crime.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough B0SZDicM1ZUCHY-S19FDjDFaSHGNPLJxxmW-ndR8AdU=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough S9ML3ymg-8VBW3LQn7oIEVsrg3L4Ghh0WXWDV3aIrOI=w160-h144-no
    The main gimmick of Spirit's Grave is all the blocks you need to push and pull. The spirits must be angry, they don't have a free space to roam since all the areas are filled by these blocks. You might have to enter the room again if you mess up the blocks, and that happened to me quite a few times. You know, I always act before thinking stuff. Oh well.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough JznG7a-lhOUxVqMhVe5HhtBTUrLHzX3XmFAydgJ5Jv4=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, the miniboss is this giant ghost. It is very easy- just slash it with the sword. The only attack it has is to release smaller ghosts, which can also be defeated in a short time. Even a discount printer ink cartridge seller could beat this in one minute.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough RGf7MF6ldwGq729zoUZioP6Z8O_0w0a8v3xe8dlSvZM=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Sy4psWdogvyOPjklwH16X_sK_58GtIwbZqMq76TXhL8=w160-h144-no
    This item's dungeon is the Power Bracelet. It serves as an item that you can use to remove heavy bottles out of the way. It is a good item, but you won't really use it much unless you have a bottle in front of you to remove. And remember, breaking other people's bottles and pots are wrong, so don't try to do this in front of your neighbor's houses like Link.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough G6-sO18_bJWAA_RYeKcQid8K8Lon5_FY1TmUnDGVp3A=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough HP-T2AXs6bNFQg7BOKksjcTBzxPhoXHCpnpKfLUxG30=w160-h144-no
    The boss battle is even simpler. This jack-o-lantern guy is a piece of pumpkin cake, just throw his head using a Power Bracelet and throw it at the tiny ghost. You don't get a jack-o-lantern prize for winning. That thing would never fit into Link's head though.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough VibmE-2ZRJldXMaWASaP_QYY1ni0Cszn3ZrAeV5lNtU=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, we get the first Essence of Time. Only seven left to go!

..Why is this dungeon called Spirit's Grave anyway? There are only three spirits inside, the miniboss, the boss, and one ghost enemy.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough -seMcdTBBh92irxN6S1r4UVvbdyg4iMzmzpIaPqfL5Q=w160-h144-no
    One last thing. You can encounter the clumsy Maple the Witch when you walk around fields in this game. When you bump into her, she and Link will drop their stuff. It is their job to try take each others' stuff.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 2
    You know, stealing is bad in real life, so never try this. The Zelda Universe doesn't even have a police system, that's the only reason why Link doesn't go to prison.

The current poll will stay. In the next episode, we will go on our way to reach the next dungeon. Until then, goodbye.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:24 am

Day 2: Tingle is not a fairy!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough RtxEucKzZAq_1iNHaW9VFjK2q6gbl0Oo4q6gcT7GbIo=w160-h144-no
    Let's go find the second dungeon! But before that, we meet up with three fairies, as the music changes into something that reminds me of a grandmother teacher teaching three noisy kindergartners. Anyways, they want to play hide and seek with me.

KOOLOO LIMPAH!!!
    You know, these things are the real fairies. Not you Tingle. People should appreciate real fairies in Zelda much more than a scary man who wants to be a fairy, you know. Speaking of Tingle, we are going to meet him later in this game, and I am definitely not waiting for that.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough FeUFrE0e8FeH1cfoMbHsKl7J_sYouyT3_EQc9tv3-9M=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 7spA1yI2bn4Fm2PGj6H0fyiFoINIiz06S41eFHntE_o=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough XQslcAIqUI0YrxSX3frAqb6_LjMYsVP92_uO10v92iI=w160-h144-no
    Thankfully, these fairies don't hide in stupid places like closets, beds, dog houses, or even locked bathrooms. They only hide in grasses and rocks, so just hack and slash things until you find all three.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough OovTfglkY6jEZ3SK-t54-ITnP_AdsSRyWaFzCiPVYEY=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough MspNNb3jBi2-CZ7gVIwhEyG6ZlbDvHbFGZ9xVC9kR6k=w160-h144-no
    After finding all three fairies, we can finally reach this rock house. What we have to do is pick up this rock and enter that house..... Or not. Since this house is blocked off now, we have to go back to past and enter it there. But how do we go to past?

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough B-LhpLtls2hAOYwlDXqlgaof25V_49JRJ4cDVz68k9k=w160-h144-no
    Maku Tree directed us to go to Nayru's house, and there, we find the Harp of Ages. This works as a main instrument of this game, like the Ocarina of Time and the Spirit Flute. It will open up various time portals you can use to go back to the past.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough WmDkdTo7H3Ry06LX2UGcbYkdpaMLBTsAF7BrHCDRtQI=w160-h144-no
    At the past, we meet up with Ralph. Actually he appeared in the prologue, but I didn't include him due to picture limits. Anyways, he is a stupid guy who always says that he is going to save Nayru. At least try to realize there are things called Essence of Times, won't you?

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 5QB-SeOP_L5LSdsW2AzbnT-dbZ3qgo16DCMnPNi9OVY=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, there is the same rock house, but we can't enter it. We need to get a bomb and blast it in order to enter it. ...You know, this house was just crumpled when I just lifted a rock. How is it going to survive a bomb explosion? Oh well, Video Game Logic.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough LdATUBnCcM5A60z579LQZQs5hJg2JxewTWEQQ13ZHok=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough BU6VvKWebcsJXdhsX64BTOsbxH55hWhH_rrL162_la4=w160-h144-no
    The only person who has bombs in Labrynna (the main setting of this game) is Queen Ambi, but she only accepts people who has Mystery Seeds with them. They can be easily found, so let's take it back to Queen Ambi right away. Why would a queen use and detonate bombs anyway?

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough ICASdlsNNKlv7Iqr44ilJxRI0NAjKRK4BDl1JVPlHaM=w160-h144-no
    Uh-oh, there's Veran/Nayru again. Queen Ambi keeps requesting Veran to make the time stop, so that her tower will be finished in a short time. Of course, Ambi doesn't know that the tower is going to cause up darkness. She just wants it done so that she could see her lost boyfriend who went for a sea voyage. You know, Queen Ambi, the sea is so large that building a tall tower won't help at all.

Don't you hate it when rich and noble people does so much useless things like her? There is also a stupid rich Korean woman called Cho Hyeon Ah (or something like that) who forced an airplane to land and stop, just because she didn't like the food there. Stupid people. Anyways Day 2 ends here, stay tuned for Day 3, until then, goodbye.

Polls Polls Polls
    Last time, we had a poll where you had to vote for your favorite 2D Zelda game. The winner of the poll is...

Spoiler:
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:08 am

Day 3: Rock the Roc's Feather since it rocks but it can't break rocks but it still rocks and roc doesn't mean Republic of China you know

Though we can enter the second dungeon right away, before that, let's trade things with others first so that we can finish the trade sequence later in the game.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 8rlsYdhnNit0Z5aHnZmNSD9MstLcTTT6Bt6o22cFovU=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough XgvKmzFgzGjeBeKiJrQzj7yNEc3-UvH03ZHUf7R2BkM=w160-h144-no
    The first item we have to get is the Poe Clock, which is given by this ghost who wants Link to rest in piece in the afterworld... what?

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough XFrEka-vMo3QjevUjwo-MYqv1_BgoEdC5DXH3fmLbE0=w160-h144-no
    Then we trade the Poe Clock with the stationery with the post officer in the past. No, it won't make you able to write letters like in Animal Crossing, so don't try to send it to Zelda.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough MqhbOelqKoJXkFTgtBGIvlmTl0Bo4rkNzvGkESwcKEs=w160-h144-no
    Instead, let's give it to a poor soul that doesn't even have a toilet paper. We will get a Stink Bag then. The funny thing is that Link can fall down the toilet hole, but nothing will happen as Link just returns above.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough _roS1C5BA-vB-4ynS37WhMNp5kMVV8LdYupHTuSlR6E=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, it is time for Level 2! It's called the Wing Dungeon. In my opinion, it has much trickier puzzles than Spirit's Grave that we went through yesterday. First, this dungeon requires you to use the bombs you got from Queen Ambi to go through some passages.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 2cvKQJaUqA4-1gCpH3WqxN38MmRsOMcnKLSWgzagaas=w160-h144-no
    While there are still block pushing segments, many color-based puzzles were added. For instance, this one requires you to place this block in the hole, with the red side coming up front. You know, if I was Link, I would just cheat and paint all sides red, but oh well.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough SMsIijv8rRWkBSVYouUm-iUm2TiTO8YOg7P75-W9QvM=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough T89dE7X2L9yfXjUv1GsM6EskWNMK6Oh9A4BJr3GwAZo=w160-h144-no
    In the midway point, you will face up with this ugly red dragon-chicken hybrid thing. It's pretty easy, strike him when he sweeps down. But since this thing is too fat, he will crack holes on tiles that it lands on. Fall down and you must start the boss battle again.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough YkChsfVWdrNOZgy4YsRGiot_smPoSAMcFz2cSwn_h1s=w160-h144-no
    This dungeon's item is the Roc's Feather, which is easily my favorite item from all top-down Zelda games. Gaining an ability to jump in a Zelda game is the best thing ever. I hope it returns in a future Zelda game, really.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough IVdDefnETxqaY7Mjd4Gt_LDNIq8psfaCq3_aR6rlkqw=w160-h144-no
    We also have minecarts that we can ride on! Unlike Donkey Kong Country's deadly mine-carts, it only serves as a transportation. But there are some areas where you need to switch paths or do things to go through, so keep focused.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough DJ4C3-uJ2up6H1cKPZQFRq3gR_T38ZKoINs10v7BmG0=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough JOu_9DapCswaVe87bk8FgqolZ7uh6iN5xgoKsSgtYlk=w160-h144-no
    More color based puzzles, but this time, they require the use of Roc's Feather as well. What you need to do is to change the floor's colors by jumping on them. And no, the right one is not a dance floor, but you still need to change the floor's color to make the transparent enemies visible.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough ZxzeN_v8NZ97Wn7OWy59VSyWbQyGcKyeUlJbTRcWqa0=w160-h144-no
    While the Jack-o-lantern boss was a piece of Pumpkin Cake, this one is a piece of hard cake that you won't get to eat at once. Anyways, this thowmp-shaped boss requires you to use three of your abilities you learned at this dungeon- colors, jumping, and bombs.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Head_ThwompOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough TfhnPVxKzeTHiaGvtjyN_OwRBTws9uBGRnO3seY1zlk=w160-h144-no
    What you have to do is to place a bomb in this thing when its face turns red and do this four times. This boss looks very hard at first, but after you score a hit, it will get much easier since you now know what to do. Anyways, it was a fun and unique boss fight, I liked it.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 3yYMJCRRYoz4TBkyRQo5SEyHwGrD19e2t_rsc20KsHg=w160-h144-no
    Anyways I find it amusing that both bosses in this dungeon are very ugly creatures, lol. And so, we get the second Essence of Time, and finish exploring the Ugly Wind Dungeon. We will continue playing the game in Day 4. Until then, goodbye!

Polls Polls Polls
    The current poll stays.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:21 am

How did 3 days pass overnight?! XD

It's fun to go through though. I forgot to vote on the poll.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Keep up the great updates and I still have not played much of Ages or Seasons yet.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Day 4: Bears, Kangaroos, and Thief Reptiles, oh my!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough WISdK8W_Bd6kFeAq_nnuQ8MShw1bQfMk-yn7qSwbq5c=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough PAnoSd1JS_XRkPQgGaMkz3g4nXiP9ZeVJnRbpe6NZ4g=w160-h144-no
    The next destination is the Crescent Island! We will have to ride a raft to get there. But Rafton (the left guy) needs a rope that won't decay in water to make a raft. The right guy (Cheval) is currently making a rope like that, but it seems that it isn't finished yet. What do we do? We move back to the present and do some more..

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Tomb_raider_ps3_artwork_by_lovelydeh-d5v2p9m
    Yes, it's time to dig into Cheval's grave, just like we did on the first day.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 6QsFxap777IvqCK6zR1vl_R9DIcgV2zDcTioIu9hnFo=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough XTNeBcO2LsAVoIw5HZOPs5Zzi5GNPX9HCNBPRxJ91MY=w160-h144-no
    In the graveyard, we encounter a cute fatty bear getting scared by these ghosts! What do we do? Send these ghosts back to the afterlife! When you defeat them, you will get to ride this bear, who is called Moosh by the way. His special ability is to hover in air and ground pound.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough L7Gfr50gbFMHdff_O0pfbLBeLojH3faVDN-wIHWzeRY=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough AcZYc_LgpGuvMSozm9W-aI24wedGbysX_fGGkCe6lgw=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, we get the Flippers and Cheval's rope! Now let's go back to the past and get the raft.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 3JVP9TqZnZBFoX6GgVSrrlv75zH7t12Yna-y9UyJNTM=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough PWH8Hy3_5OxAgb6pCvEGBOY7Bk_-OF73lIngwqUOpvk=w160-h144-no
    Of course, this is a Zelda game, so we have to do additional stuff. It's time to find the chart. But 'Weird Guy'? I don't feel good about this..

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough QVVWRyWqJsc6Uc94Fh0anvVuUjMIMLzvkGO4l9sRICU=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough CBkvZ3u8enZOA55RmTL6LAiVBlOPLC9pGzqYLnz1dGw=w160-h144-no
    At the present, we meet another animal friend called Ricky! He is a cute Kangaroo, and you can hop with him by getting in his pocket. Before you get to use his abilities though, we have to find his gloves. Ricky's probably my favorite out of the three animal friends appearing in this game. And so, with Ricky, we meet up with..

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough BPdljORe_DuXUiH9g64IMJqeXH9XbmxZ4YOV7mOmhlU=w160-h144-no
    Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough DOH-Homer-350x196

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 3XTNOAYDK54ajG08sHClErdnBDQrH9Lf4IBhOkErF8A=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough B6R-a_uX3nH5X5VdPtw2l6--uWHWoof0y4UHmVgGTEw=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, we get a Sea Chart from that stupid Tingle. And Ricky's right, we can't stand this guy because he claims he is a fairy when he is just a creepy man. Now let's proceed with the plot so that I could keep his face out of my screen.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough R60GJBJWk70O_swa0FcnH8yiahg8fIPXG_81AOzj7T4=w160-h144-no
    Also, I didn't explain this on Day 1 but you can help this couple raise a baby in this game. I named that baby Wergo, because that's the best name ever. This time they stole requested for my donation that they could cure Wergo's illness, so I gladly gave them 150 Rupees. I'm a true samaritan, and that's true!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Qh1vnwARjkaKHY1Dduutip5c3-HVxebNiiUaoOp963w=w160-h144-no
    Back at the past, we finally get to ride on the raft. But suddenly, the weather turns horrid and Monkeys keep flying over to Link. What will happen to Link? Will he reach the Crescent Island?

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough XXNbtCY-0ZXsuodjdIusL4znynKHkZPEwHkHj-2n4RA=w160-h144-no
    Thankfully, he reached Crescent Island, which is populated by these reptiles called Tokays. These Tokays teach Link a lesson that stealing is bad, by stealing all of his stuffs. Will Link finally learn that stealing is bad after this?

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough JoVRXW9QtQ04NSvP2JE2sODKopcBDEhbuwmyhoeg9Gw=w160-h144-no
    Guh guh guh, these Tokays are even worse thieves! At least Link didn't resell the items he stole. These guys make you have to trade things for my original items! Anyways, the goal of this island to explore and find all the items that you lost. It is pretty complex, there are many parts which make you use your items and travel through time.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough V5u_PAjoOLv9pj8WroPjh455bgdiC0y4MxwRDfYZQ2U=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough _dyRtZZw2OMng9u077K3DqExc0EomZbuXi5LVZMu9F4=w160-h144-no
    The next trade sequence is also here, give a Stink Bag to this chief to get delicious Tasty Meat. That meat's similar to the size of Link, how could they make the meat so big? Anyways, we got all our items. It's dungeon time next. Until then, goodbye.

Polls Polls Polls
    The last poll made you vote for your favorite 3D Zelda game. It looks like Wind Waker won the grand prize by getting four votes. By the way, I voted for OoT, MM, and WW. I'm surprised that Skyward Sword got no votes though.

Ocarina of Time [ 3 ]
    Majora's Mask [ 3 ]
    Wind Waker [ 4 ]
    Twilight Princess [ 2 ]
    Super Mario 64 [ 2 ]
    Skyward Sword [ 0 ]
    Link's Crossbow Training [ 0 ]
    Hyrule Warriors [ 1 ]
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:07 am

Day 5: Spin, Spit, n' Splish

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 6Nd5gY2dy0l-xBR9XNWCjEhojnLSn5B7tz0O_Z0FUqw=w241-h217-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 7JUSU13_EyYuPzDzGzpiM5wFe9Xl87FOf8z0fosm4UI=w160-h144-no
    Time to start Level 3, Moonlit Grotto! The main gimmick of this dungeon is this spin wheel which is located in the middle of the dungeon. Every time you progress through the dungeon, this wheel will take you to a different locations. You can't freely choose your path here, so just follow what the game tells you.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough UIZtDJpTLxF8o3Q4lMRp98_PAwHxxK8x9X_iuhbqExM=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough YUiRl7YRL0pXhe8ikZZPKTf28PNDQVUITJiOnUuijiw=w160-h144-no
    You thought that this dungeon would require the Flippers we got yesterday in order to progress? Nope! You are going to use bombs instead again. You sometimes have to throw them into right spots so that you could destroy the obstacles. There are also statue enemies which can only be destroyed by bombs. Great! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough NU2m0c3yN351l6cdmN_4AT4RhKzJYvT3uYouWTfetio=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough D9tHI1dvZwxaezINyeMmuFxgV0oCKufcULwMzA6xNqQ=w160-h144-no
    Link becomes a Shovel Knight at this mini-boss! This fat Walrus will try to hide in sand. What you have to do is to dig him up and rapidly slash at him. When I first played this game, I had no idea what to do, so I just avoided him for fifteen minutes before I searched a guide, lol.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Ubqa23QfWji3xbd0Tb4f0BOELtqbL7l4Pc_gYiBdLKg=w160-h144-no
    This dungeon's main item is the Seed Shooter. It's another one of my favorite items, it is fun to aim seeds and destroy enemies using it. This is why Link doesn't need a shotgun, he can easily do the same awesome thing just by spitting a seed. It is also eco-friendly as well, like the Whirlwind we used when we were playing Spirit Tracks last summer.

Flashback wrote:Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough F7AaeIa
    But defeating the enemies will give you the Whirlwind. No doubt, it is one of the most eco friendly items in Zelda. It is made out of leaves, and it can remove purple poisonous clouds.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough SpuP1GlskoYvtScgUFSwDzhTelMte-EbpgvxK4ck7_g=w241-h217-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough LzJsfo7gkO2RviV2HR2SY7h1jmmv5ScZsjss5DMQtDg=w160-h144-no
    There are lots of creative puzzles involving this Seed Shooter in this dungeon. You know, Nintendo should make a puzzle game which is like this, it would be fun to play with.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough NPNb7VIrRtaSGaZLc_h6Wg0iF39KnRMvwERpN-HZEC8=w160-h144-no
    The boss this time is much like a fusion between Boos from Mario and Dark Matter from Kirby. Its main way of attack is to split into different blobs and spawn different flies that gives out seeds when defeated. The catch is that this Boo Matter thing gets invisible when you face him.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Aet76EqSD_xd7Pzj-LbRVlrJWOKbnssTJtLIrnKMIcM=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough XetCPd7c7514Zjt1kkOEOU4Ri_B8DlGcskXOTsDXBdw=w160-h144-no
    So instead of fighting it face to face, shoot a seed on the wall, and then wait until it rebounds and hits Boo Matter. Anyways Dark Boo was a fun boss to fight with, I liked how I could use the Seed Shooter to defeat it. And so, we get the third essence of time. Personally I found the dungeon easier than Wing Dungeon, the puzzles were slightly easier in my opinion.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough NLkR3OAaW-hOIQQEil_DFSbfHAucB2DHEpExTaMmX1U=w160-h144-no
    Then the game makes us sad by showing us a picture which shows the Black Tower nearly getting finished. You sure know how to ruin the party, Flagship (developer of this game), don't you? Now kids will cry because of you, congratulations, you are terrible.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Qdw9jjOnYLgfH-nPO203fYrnS5-emjcBAC6XpHZUHA0=w160-h144-no
    When we exit the dungeon, we meet up with this cute little dodongo shaped creature! No, don't try to bomb it. He is Dimitri, the third animal friend of this game. He works as a boat in this game, just ride on him, get splished, and surf with him. There are no wild Pokemon encounters.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Y3wCEmIUgAd-qx777vrkCSmg-F0hbJ48KfM7O1Kp5w4=w160-h144-no
    You will be able to get this item called Strange Flute after beating Moonlit Grotto. There are three ways to get it- first, get in on a shooting gallery. Second, buy it for 150 Rupees. Third, don't care about it until the game forces you to get one.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough The-legend-of-zelda-oracle-of-ages-en-oracle-of-se_4u66
    I decided to take the first option, since that way, I would get the animal companion I want. Yes, the way you get it will determine your main animal friend in this game. (Either Moosh, Dimitri, or Ricky) I will explain more about that tomorrow. Until then, goodbye.

Trivia Question
    We decided to have some trivia questions this time around. There is no prize for this, it is just for fun. Answer by posting in this thread.

Question: Which dungeon did we explore today? There is only one answer out of these 4 possible ones.
    A. Moonlit Grotto
    B. Moonlit Italian Restaurant with Delicious Gratins!
    C. Moonlit Grodus's Terrible X-Naut Lair
    D. Moonlit Lotto House where Nessness won the 1st Place
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:13 pm

This was a quite a nice update and I liked the Shovel Knight reference.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:56 am

Before we begin, I would like to thank Satoru Iwata for leading Nintendo to the last direction for several years. Sadly, he passed away today. I am really going to miss him, and I hope he rests in peace.  Sad

Also starting from today, poll/trivia/extra stuffs are going to be on top of the posts, so here are the poll results now.

Polls and Trivias

Is Tingle a good character?
    Definitely yes! [ 1 ]
    Definitely no. [ 2 ]
    I don't know... [ 1 ]

What a great result. I definitely voted for Definitely No. And let's look at the answer for our last trivia question.

Question: Which dungeon did we explore today? There is only one answer out of these 4 possible ones.
    A. Moonlit Grotto
    B. Moonlit Italian Restaurant with Delicious Gratins!
    C. Moonlit Grodus's Terrible X-Naut Lair
    D. Moonlit Lotto House where Nessness won the 1st Place

The answer is A, congrats if you got it right.

Day 6: Fairies have Fun, Kangaroos Run, Workers rest in the Sun, Villages Burn

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough U-KS4a8oqN-zCpl1YacHYDXqBe4W2vfPL6ZVwNRYNRs=w160-h144-noOracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough P8XnthfopyZjTzyaHfAR8X4GpNPHhIyCVqhyx5-Udo8=w160-h144-no
    More trade sequences! You've met with a terrible hunger, haven't you? Let's give him the tasty meat, and he will give us the doggy mask in return. No, it doesn't turn Link into a cute doggy in this game, it is just used for trading. Speaking of..

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 6k5YNfCexTCIH8iXf6uW0So3c109k-EkWSHvujrZiMY=w160-h144-no
    This lady and the dog. They will give us a dumbbell in exchange of the Doggy Mask. You know, that dog looks cute even without a mask, but oh well.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Vkjn_KxShdAiEtijuHRRRkmCY28CmYGnWbiZ_fjTlJ0=w160-h144-no
    Our next destination is the Symmetry City/Village. Unfortunately, the bridge is not finished, so we will never have a way to get there. Game over guys, goodbye.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Aty_EUymTDbGsXcuGVVoocW1Mvs_5choyGWBuc2QZas=w221-h199-no
    ...Or not. After that, we meet up with this fairy which we met on Day 2. He claims that while he was playing hide and seek with an animal with gloves on, that animal got lost... wait, isn't that animal familiar?

Day 4 wrote:Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough B6R-a_uX3nH5X5VdPtw2l6--uWHWoof0y4UHmVgGTEw=w160-h144-no
    It's Ricky!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough ULE0SPdQqABXhpqDLh50pEGAhvDtBqPSS2qrzqLmAt0=w160-h144-no
    After we meet up with Ricky at the Fairies' Forest, he will turn the Strange Flute we got yesterday into our flute. Since I got that flute on the shooting gallery, I got Ricky. If you bought it instead, you would get Dimitri. Finally, if you didn't get it, you would receive the flute here and get Moosh. Since Ricky is definitely my favorite animal friend, I'm glad that I got him.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough 3zWSjRIKhRK-e4maihyJ4sjsGtj6ZwVqiECQWlh1-iY=w160-h144-no
    Anyways, what we have to do is to use Ricky's Special Powers so that he can reach these three pesky workers and make them work for the bridge. And if you act like that in real life, your boss will either chastise you or fire you, so please don't do that.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough VPTZxrvxuW2oVPjWJ2lzPjP-fQmV5J_tRn9JORBEhXI=w160-h144-no
    You could fix the bridge in 10 (in-game) seconds. What's the point of just getting lazy and bored when you can do things so efficiently? Video Game Logic, I guess... Anyways, after the ordeal, we will finally reach Symmetry City. (you know, its spelling is confusing, I'm getting tired of misspelling it Symmentry)

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Playthrough Y8VgiS9Wc7P-a2v_6YXfMuMqZf3bJXaTOaJJkw_QDFU=w160-h144-no
    .....What in the world happened here?!?

To be continued..
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:45 pm

After thinking, I should definitely change the time when I upload this. Day 7/Day 8 (Double Day Episode)will probably be uploaded 5 or 6 hours later than the usual uploads. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am