The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 4 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:37 pm

While it being more powerful then the PS4 and Xbox One won't do much since the GameCube was more powerful then the PS2 and Xbox and it did not do while. If Nintendo just comes up with a new gameplay idea that's what will sell people on the system and the only third parties who will make games for sure are Sega, Capcom and Namco.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 4 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Luma Party Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 am

It looks like NX just got its first two games?

Last edited by Luma Party on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:17 am

^ Yep, and I'm really confused as to why Square Enix has already decided to support it when it hasn't even been officially revealed, and they probably don't have dev kits yet...but it's good to see support. I just hope this doesn't mean NX is coming next year...
    KingLavos
    KingLavos
    Goomba
    Goomba

User Points : 24

Post by KingLavos Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:27 pm

I'd say 2016 will be the year of the NX. Poor WiiU; wii barely knew ye.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:39 pm

I think Square Enix is still just trying to make themselves look good.
    The NX has nothing more than a Codename.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:30 pm

They only said there looking in to bring the games to the NX and there where reports about Nintendo talking with many studios about third party NX games. I think the NX is locked for 2016 though with the share holders having more control now.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:32 pm

I hope the shareholders don't take total control.
    I still believe Takeda, Miyamoto, whoever, should be overseeing everything and making the big decisions.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:37 pm

Ugh, it's not even just that I still want Wii U to have a nice long life, releasing NX in 2016 would also make consumers lose trust. It'd be like Dreamcast all over again, just with Wii U having a slightly longer life. (not by much though...) I'm a little worried. The Dragon Quest announcement made me even more worried.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:25 am

Eh, this doesn't surprise me this is SquareEnix we're talking about here. XD

As for the NX I don't think it'll replace the Wii U. Yes, it maybe the next "console" but we've yet to even see what kind of console it is. I wouldn't worry about it until we've been shown what kind of console it is; is my take on things.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 am

^ Wow really late response, but I agree to an extent. I feel like they may try to make it a third pillar platform if it's released anytime before holiday 2017, or do kind of what the DS did until it ended up becoming really popular.

So do you guys still think NX is coming 2016? I'm not sure...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:27 pm

No, I doubt the NX will release next year. From what we know Nintendo has just been in the planning stages for it & making a bunch of consoles for launch takes some time. Besides the Wii U is barely 2 years old, so maybe we'll see a 2018 NX release is my thoughts. Nintendo has released a new system every 5 years & I doubt we'll see them break tradition with the NX.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:02 pm

^ Yeah, their shortest console lifespan was the Game Boy Advance, and that was only because the DS was a third pillar console originally and only became their "next gen console" after it's popularity was so high. I doubt they'll change it for NX, we likely won't get it until 2017 so it has a 5 year lifespan. (I doubt it'll be 6 years, they've only done that with Wii, and that was insanely popular, Wii U isn't)

But then when all those things about Nintendo even bringing up NX in the first place, and those rumors, I don't know, it just makes me think it's still possible. I hope they wait until 2017.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:06 pm

I agree with Zero and Queen. The Wii U is still a bit young to really give up on so soon. I honestly don't see them releasing another console until at least 2017. 2016 or 2017 is likely the year they'll reveal it at E3. I want the Wii U to be around a little while longer especially if they plan to abandon the Wii U Gamepad, it's a very good controller and I'd hate to see it go.Of course NX could support it as well but who knows?

Unless the NX is actually a handheld then I can see it replacing the 3DS as they seem to do handhelds a little more frequently but that would be too soon still. 2016 just seems to early for Nintendo to do a new system in my opinion It does take a lot of planning I imagine.

The rumors could me something but I just believe they are simply rumors.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:21 pm

I really think a 2017 release would make he most sense for NX.
    It gives the Wii U a long enough lifespan to keep people's hope in Nintendo around, and gives them time to make a great launch for NX.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:53 pm