The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 5 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:25 pm

I really don't think the third pillar idea will happen since 3rd parties have dropped Wii U support and Nintendo only puts games out on one system for the most part. So we might see a Spring 2017 release date for NX unless Nintendo has a few more games in the works.
    Nozomi
    Nozomi
    Goomba
    Goomba

User Points : 25

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 5 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Nozomi Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:50 pm

Watch. I'm calling SE's two NX releases as a Final Fantasy 7 port and another gaiden installment of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos. It's not going to be anything special.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:47 pm

^ I mean considering it's Square, I'd kind of expect that too, but for now I'm just going to believe them that Dragon Quest XI is coming to NX at some point. But I mean, it hasn't even been revealed (or even privately shown I don't think) so it seems way too early to say it's definitely coming.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:38 am

New rumours from a reported Japanese employee, quite believeable.

He's under strict NDA by Nintendo Japan
    Informations are from march 2015, with some updates from june-july
    He received a bunch of patents (some of them are publics now), info about what Nintendo is planning and a list of games potentially in development (some of them may or may not have been cancelled), third parties included
    NX is a platform, not tied with a single device
    Wii U is still in the picture thanks to good software results for games like Splatoon, will still be the main home console in 2016
    3DS is a bit old, they’re planning of replacing it. Some games will still come out on it, but big projects are being moved on portable NX
    With NX, Nintendo wants to create a platform where they can develop software for multiple devices with ease, from the home console to the portable to smartphone and tablets. They’ll have a big catalogue available for multiple platforms, with cross buy, cross saves and cross play, similar to what Microsoft is doing with Xbox One and PC thanks to Windows 10 (that allows to play many Xbox games on PC, which is also getting a bunch of ports from Xbone). Each platform will still have exclusive games
    NNID is tied to the single device, but it will allow to share details between platforms, like friend list, contents, local coop games, etc. Thanks to the new membership program (the successor of Club Nintendo), we’ll benefit from the new Nintendo policies in terms of rewards
    They’ll show the portable in spring 2016, will be out for the end of the year or spring 2017 max. Specs will be higher than PS Vita but nothing mindblowing, screen resolution should be 540p, considering 720p if costs go down. BC with 3DS was problematic
    Wii U successor will not have an optical drive, which will be optional. It will sync with the portable (not obligatory). Specs won’t be super high, but close to PS4/X1 (doesn’t know how much, like with the portable this is still subject to change anyway). Cross games will look better on the home
    Nintendo is focusing a lot on the anti-piracy system
    Big focus on the OS as well. They hired people that worked for Google on Android, the guys who worked on the Gamecube OS and Wii U browser are there too. Optimized versions of the same OS for every NX platform (think, again, W10), each with its set of specific functions. Updates will come out at the same time, they’re focusing on making the OS blazing fast on every platform
    The home console can connect with the portable to send to it its own version of the games you buy, will use the same tech as the Wii U-Wii U Gamepad streaming to do that, or the internet connection
    The home will have bc with the Wii U. Gamepad should be compatible as a controller, considering selling it standalone. Can connect with the portable for offtv and bc. WiiMote compatibility is being considered too. As for support, since the new home won’t have an optical drive, they’re considering an external one. Also being considered NNID/eShop bc for titles bought on the eShop. Seems they’re considering digital games sharing too, but this bit is not perfectly clear
    The portable will have its own internal memory, which will be expandable
    There will be a complete overhaul of online infrastructures, but Nintendo is determined to hold successful operations as Miiverse, extending it even further and making it a central hub for communications by developers and a meeting place for players. It will be even more interactive with the ability to upload videos and screenshots in an integrated system and not dependent on the game
    Voice chat and interactions between users will be revisited too, much will depend on the users age though, to protect the minors
    The home will be out 6-12 months after the portable, creating the “NX system” that will allow Nintendo to better use their resources in games development
    They approached third parties during E3. Capcom, Square-Enix, Ubisoft and Electronic Arts already have devkits. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Sonic, F-Zero and Metroid are in development, doesn’t know if these are main episodes or spin offs. Zelda is currently a Wii U only title due to high development costs, but they can reconsider to have another big game at NX launch
    Prices will be low, 200-300€ (for the home?), considering a bundle with both for no more than 500€
    Many of these things will be discussed in future Nintendo Directs, which will have a different host in every market if Nintendo can’t find a new CEO by october
    A new 3D Mario will be shown, along with a new Zelda trailer. Retro moved their project on NX, will not be unveiled before 10-18 months
    They’ll talk about a new “Club Nintendo”, which will be in full function with NX
    Considering making agreements with phone carriers in order to better manage applications like Miiverse, Club Nintendo and the ability to purchase software by phone. Some of these will be out by March 2016
    Is everything set yet? Yes, but with Nintendo you’ll never know. If he has updates he will share them with us.

Source
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:04 am

By the way what does BC stand in the post up there?

This is... actually pretty intriguing, all things considered. I assume DeNA will have some functionality with this.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:30 pm

The Shattered Legacy wrote:By the way what does BC stand in the post up there?
    I thought it was shorthand for because. But with some of the wording in some spots, I'm not so sure. Still this was translated from Japanese to English so there could be a few snags here & there in translation. NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 5 Www.MessenTools.com-17%20no%20se
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Honestly, I really want to believe this. I can't say I do just because rumors are a majority of the time false, but with ones as detailed as this that actually seem very realistic, it makes me think there's a pretty great chance it's real.

And I actually hope it's real, keeping Wii U is kind of a necessity and means I don't need to go out and buy a new console unless I really want better graphics, the handheld should be fairly cheap so that's not a big deal. Zelda being Wii U exclusive means Nintendo is keeping to their word, and F-Zero and Metroid being in development would be insane but pretty cool. But honestly that's the one part of the rumor that seems pretty unbelievable to me, especially with including Final Fantasy, I don't really see that happening, but who knows.

Either way it makes me REALLY hyped. Hoping it's true.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:28 pm

It all sounds so real...
    They didn't rehash the Diddy Kong Racing thing.
    Retro said they were working on a Wii U game last year, makes sense it wasn't revealed if it isn't on NX.
    However, a I will be extremely disappointed if NX has no optical disc drive.
    Go back to cartridges if you need to.
    I want physical games!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:34 pm

^ Do you think that'd mean all digital for the Wii U releases of those games as well? I mean, it has an optical drive, so it would make sense to continue with that.
    Bowser498
    Bowser498
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : Bowser498: Super Mario (Modern) Video Game Expert/Pro
    Internet Browser : Internet Explorer

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Maker and Splatoon!

Post by Bowser498 Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Really, I want the NX to be something out of the ordinary. With MK9, MP11, and SSB5 (and other sequels), I think the NX will be a "masterpiece" in improving the Nintendo franchise. Very excited for this! Very Happy
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:21 pm

It sounds more like a wishlist if you ask me. I also think The NX will just have the handheld built in with the system.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 5 Empty NX controller rumor

Post by queenzelda Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Nintendo has reportedly patented a new controller design, which could be Nintendo NX related. The patent was submitted all the way back in February. It looks a lot like the Wii U touchscreen controller, with only two face buttons instead of four. The interesting part is that it appears to have two scroll-able shoulder buttons.

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 5 Patent_app_2zlkp1

According to the patent's abstract, which is a little confusing at first glance, these are designed to be used with the index fingers, or with the thumb on one hand if the pad is being held in portrait mode. sauce

If true; what do you think of it? Personally from how it sounds my hunch was right; cough: tablet/phone. :p
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:24 pm

I don't think the patent relates to anything other than the scrollable shoulder buttons, so the design is just a simple controller similar to the Gamepad. I think the idea of scrollable shoulder buttons is really cool though! It'd be interesting to see how they'd work.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Well; the above is a rumor. I still stand the tablet/phone thing. If not now; one day some one will & I'll be like see told ya.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 am