The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Nintendo/DeNA to Release 5 Mobile Games by March 2017, Different Genres

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo/DeNA to Release 5 Mobile Games by March 2017, Different Genres Empty Nintendo/DeNA to Release 5 Mobile Games by March 2017, Different Genres

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Nintendo and DeNA's partnership apparently will only last until March 2017, and between now and then, they will release 5 mobile games. One of these is set to release sometime this year.

- first game produced between Nintendo and DeNA will be out by the end of 2015
    - four more will be out by the end of March 2017
    - the five games will each be in a completely different genre
    - Nintendo is "the most crucial partnership" the company has ever done
    - it's also a challenge, as "people are expecting a lot"

It's interesting that they're all different genres, I can see there being a Mario platformer, Zelda adventure game, some strategy game (maybe Advance Wars?), Nintendogs as a sim game, and WarioWare as an action game. They all make sense for mobile and are all different genres. But that's just what I think.

I'll likely end up getting one or two of them if I can, depending on which ones actually look good. I'm glad they're still mostly focused on consoles, 5 games in almost 2 years isn't very many for mobile.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Nintendo/DeNA to Release 5 Mobile Games by March 2017, Different Genres Empty Re: Nintendo/DeNA to Release 5 Mobile Games by March 2017, Different Genres

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:40 pm

I don't see anything about DeNA only working with Nintendo until 2017. There's likely going to be many more mobile game if those 5 do while.

As for the games a 2D mini Mario, Zelda game, some new spin on the Kirby series, Nintendogs and Wario Ware are my picks for now. I could also see some DK game or Animal Crossing spinoff as while though.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Nintendo/DeNA to Release 5 Mobile Games by March 2017, Different Genres Empty Re: Nintendo/DeNA to Release 5 Mobile Games by March 2017, Different Genres

Post by Luma Party Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:22 am

But Nintendo owns 10% of DeNA...
    I'll play a Mario platformer or party, or really just anything decent that's Mario they release.
    Hopefully they know how to do this.
    From what I see, SEGA isn't too smart when it comes to mobile gaming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:27 am