The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

2 Year Anniversary

DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

2 Year Anniversary Empty 2 Year Anniversary

Post by DerpyTheToad Mon May 30, 2016 11:26 am

Yesterday, one of my favorite games on the Wii U, Mario Kart 8, celebrated the second anniversary of the game's launch. This game's anniversary wasn't as much noticed as Splatoon's 1st anniversary, but there are some people that celebrated it.

I just made this as a late anniversary message to the game, because I have memories of being a happy lad when I discovered the game in my mailbox on that day, May 29th, 2014, even when I was sad when I couldn't play Mario Kart Wii online anymore. I remember how excited I was for the Animal Crossing DLC. And I remember how I would get on this guy's tournament, in which his name was "Mankalor", which whom is a bit popular in the MK8 community. So, happy late anniversary, ya racing game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

2 Year Anniversary Empty Re: 2 Year Anniversary

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 30, 2016 10:22 pm

I still remember playing the game with members quite a few times. I also think the reason why the game lost steam is due to the lack of any updates and people still can't get over the game not being Mario Kart Wii 2.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 30, 2016 10:26 pm

The game released May 30th, today, so this isn't late. :p (although it did technically release the 29th in Japan, but I'm pretty sure you've said you live in NA)

Of course it's not going to be as celebrated as Splatoon's anniversary, just because Splatoon was a brand new, and somewhat groundbreaking new IP from Nintendo and is their best game this generation. Mario Kart 8 of course deserves recognition as it is fantastic and is the best selling game on Wii U in most regions (outside of Japan where Splatoon is) but it didn't make quite as big an impact as Splatoon.

Still I love it and it's hard to believe it's been 2 years since it's launch, it means we're likely to be getting a new game in the series next year or in 2018.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:50 pm