The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The 1 year Anniversary of Iwata's death.

DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

The 1 year Anniversary of Iwata's death. Empty The 1 year Anniversary of Iwata's death.

Post by DerpyTheToad Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:11 pm

Tomorrow (or Today if you are probably reading this right now), July 11th, 2016, marks the 1st anniversary of the day we lost a grand gaming legend, Satoru Iwata. A year ago today, Iwata passed away in Kyoto, Japan due to a Bile Duct. An announcement was made by Nintendo the following day, in which the entire game industry was left in a big mourning. Soon after, memorials were established at the Japanese Embassy in Moscow, Russia, and the Nintendo World (Now Nintendo NY) in New York City, New York. Flags at the Nintendo headquarters were raised to half staff. A couple days later, his remains were cremated.   

Now, here we are, a year later, and yet his legacy still lives on. I think it's safe to say that we, the gaming community, can call July 11th "Iwata Day".
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

The 1 year Anniversary of Iwata's death. Empty Re: The 1 year Anniversary of Iwata's death.

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:53 pm

I'd like to think that the 11th is now "Remembering Iwata Day". His birthday seems more like Iwata Day to me. It's really sad that we lost such a legend that day almost 1 year ago. I certainly won't forget him as he was one of the most memorable people at Nintendo. He was so lovely when he made appearances in things like the Nintendo Directs and let's not forget his Iwata Asks.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

The 1 year Anniversary of Iwata's death. Empty Re: The 1 year Anniversary of Iwata's death.

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:08 pm

I will also remember Iwata since he was pretty much the main guy at Nintendo once I started playing games and there is nobody else like him. Even though we take today to remember him I'm sure we think of him whenever there is a new Direct or console being reveled.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:30 pm

It's hard to believe it's already been so long, it feels like it just happened. It's still pretty sad to think about, and I've noticed it within Nintendo as a company as well, they seemed to be down about it for quite some time, and they've been very secretive about everything lately. I'll always remember Iwata as really giving Nintendo that "fun" image with the Nintendo Directs, etc. that's seemed to be kind of missing throughout the past year.

Still missing Iwata and hope he continues to rest in peace.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:28 am

I miss Iwata-san every day & every time I see his name scroll by on the end credits of a game he helped to develop I can't help but remember him fondly. Though the last few days of his reign at Nintendo is remembered as 'good', I remember how he was apologizing left & right for the dismal sales of the Wii U & how every one was criticizing his leadership for quite a while. But then he dies suddenly & every one is remembering how much of a wonderful person he is compared to the crap he had to deal with prior with a lot of fans & execs calling for his resignation. It's funny how when that person dies, every one suddenly remembers the good about them & not the bad.

Still it's been 1 year later & Nintendo seems to have gotten more secretive & further away from me as a company then before when I felt that they were closer & seemed to genuinely care about me as a consumer. But now I don't feel that way & feel like they've started to pull away again & tbh it's sad.. I just feel like I want to chase after them & ask them to talk to me again, & ask if there's a way for us to be friends again. But with Iwata out of the picture, as the month's have turned slowly into a year now.. I kind of doubt it. :/

Iwata-san though I miss you & your funny face; I wish you happiness in your peaceful resting place. ~queen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:11 pm