The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:55 am

Well it only made sense she was a trophy.

Also Gameguy, you might be right, they probably didn't want to show much of the stage before the Palutena reveal, it was just a little hint about her being playable. (unless she turns out to not be playable...but I'm sure she will be)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:31 am

Here's the pic of the day.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Never bully Cuccos. Seriously, attacking them is out of the question! This has always been a cardinal rule of The Legend of Zelda series.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 ZlCfzRrFjJ4-_JuNwq

It would be cool if Cuccos was a new move for Toon Link. I think it's most likely just an AT or item though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Probably just an Assist Trophy, although it's strange Sakurai wouldn't specifically say that, so I guess it could be a new move. But it's cool to see the Cuccos I guess.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:38 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Here's a comparison of characters with and without their outlines on the 3DS version. They also give off a different impression in 3D, so customize the look however you like.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 ZlCfzRrYKTkwJNfwDa

I think I like Mario and Link more without the outlines. Though it's really hard to say without playing the game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Finally, I've been wanting a comparison. I honestly think they look almost exactly the same. But if the outlines make it easier to tell where they are on the small 3DS screen, then I don't really see why not to keep the outlines on.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:32 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Here's a giant attack item, the Ore Club! It's made of minerals mined on the mountain of the gods. This bulky weapon can even unleash tornadoes.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 ZlCfzRrtpFQ02MRGOR

The Ore Club looks like one of the better new items. Also Pit and the Ore Club item on the Kid Icarus Uprising stage and Sakurai still did not talk about this stage. Laughing
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:30 am

I never used it in KIU, but it looks like an awesome item for this. And maybe there's a Nintendo Direct soon, and Sakurai is hinting at a Palutena reveal during the Direct? But it's probably just coincidence.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:24 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Oh, Uncle Andross. He really isn't very considerate.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 ZlCfzRsFF4IjCXxbun

I was not a big fan of the Andross AT in Brawl so I likely won't like it in this game. If we get a character to end of the week it will be someone random like Ness or Falco.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:11 pm

What did it do in Brawl? (I never had that AT used while playing it from what I can remember) I guess it's nice to see it return, but I'd rather see some new Assist Trophies instead.

And I kinda doubt we'll be getting a character shown tomorrow. He hasn't shown one since Little Mac though, so hopefully there will be somebody.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:41 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Here's the Prism Tower stage for the 3DS version! The battle begins on ground level right in front of the tower. You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms! By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 ZlCfzRsYCeYgFkrGML

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 ZlCfzRsYC_cAAno1p8

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 ZlCfzRsYDSY9uwVhQZ

I guess you fight on the footholds when you reach the top and I also like how the time of day changes during the fight. The stage looks great and we finally get to see the Pikmin on the 3DS. Lastly since it seems like there will be no characters shown this month I think a newcomer will be shown in a Nintendo Direct by mid April.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:12 am

Of all here at TNFS, do any of you only care for playable fighters and nothing else?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:06 pm

^ Not really, obviously I like to have some cool newcomers (like Mega Man, Rosalina, Villager for this game) but if the game is good outside of the roster I really don't care. I like the more interesting stages more than I do just fighting. Of course this is a fighter, but if all the stages are just flat with some platforms then it's kinda boring.

Anyway...Prism Tower looks like an awesome stage. I like how the time of day changes, even if it only really happened once during the actual game.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:50 am

I like to see new stages just fine, the only pictures that I don't care for when it's like two random characters sitting there on a place already known. Like no new items, stages or people.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:15 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Luigi might be thinking, "Who would've thought I'd get to show off the Poltergust in Super Smash Bros.?!" Wondering if it's going to suck something in? Yeah, it probably will.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 36 ZlCfzRtfkzArFiSDuo

The Poltergust seems to be Luigi's new final smash. I'm really glad the Poltergeist is his new final smash since his old Brawl one was not that great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:32 am