The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:46 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. You can play co-op in all the games in Stadium mode!! In Home-run Contest, you can either work together or compete by taking turns launching Sandbag. The batting order gets determined randomly to make it fair for the poor person that has to go first. Target Blast and Home-run Contest are games that you play over and over again, but you might find unique ways to play when you only have one shot at victory.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSqfchs6qHjNWe

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSqfcuk_cHYthp

That cool how the order is random each time. Though I likely will just be playing all of the modes alone.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:24 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. We've added Masterpieces in the Wii U version--this is where you can look back on what fighters did in the past!! You can actually play the games too. Some of the Masterpieces aren't unlocked at the beginning of the game. It's impressive that there are even games from the Game Boy. Some games have different starting points, while others come loaded with save data.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSqqBXM0j4gN8q

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSqqBvgrgIPpLx

It's cool how they included all of those old school games for the younger fans to try. Though I likely wont play the games moire then once.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:52 pm

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U reviews are in! It's the highest rated Wii U game ever on Metacritic! ^^ (those critics were loving the game it seems) Although there's not that many yet, so I won't really bother posting them. Razz XD

I think the game is going to be amazing. I was going to get it anyway, but those reviews make me even more excited.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:40 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. You'll need to link the 3DS version to the Wii U version to get them to work together. Luckily, this is easy. On the 3DS version, you simply select the Wii U option, and select the 3DS option on the Wii U version. This is what the screen looks like on the 3DS version when you link it with the Wii U version. We included this hoping that it might work as a remedy when you don't have enough controllers.
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSq0jr4zoBnyxq

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSq0j2YBWsLO9C

The screen looks cool but, there's really no need to connect the games more then a few times sadly.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. The day has finally arrived. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now available in the Americas!! I hope you'll enjoy this game's many modes and play it as you see fit. Here's a look at the controls screen for the Wii U Pro Controller. We needed to match the default settings for all controllers for buttons such as L and R, but there must be players out there that want to use the ZL and ZR Buttons for shielding. You can set the controls closer to the GameCube controller if you set the B Button for standard attacks and Y for special moves. Set up your controls however you like in Controls.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSq-SvgUiSkVfl

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSq-S2MXQG2yD4

It's been a long 3 and a half years but, the Wii U version is now out! I also don't change the controls so the regular Pro setup is the one I will use.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:13 am

So the game is out! Great! I also won't change the controls from the default setup.

Anybody getting the game today? (or soon) I can't since I'm way too busy this weekend, but I doubt I'll get it for awhile anyway. I don't really have the money right now, and Christmas IS coming up...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:20 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Here's a little tidbit about the song names in My Music. The tracks with a red icon are song arrangements made for this game, and the ones with the black icons are arrangements from past versions. What might be a little confusing is that some track names from Super Smash Bros. Melee are now stage names for this version. The track Corneria from Melee isn't a song that plays in Corneria in the original game, but we couldn't change the name of the track. Sorry for any confusion. We've included four versions of the Mute City music tracks. The regular Mute City track is from Melee, Ver. 2 is from Brawl and Ver. 3 was specifically arranged for the 3DS and Wii U versions. The track from the original game is in here too. This game probably has the most music tracks compared to any other game. In Sounds, you can even listen to voices of some enemies. Metal Face has as many voice variations as the fighters…He'll say something a little different when Shulk is on the field.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSru7ls8WAt0wE

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSru8WI6JiCjkW

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSru9GsoQKzs7j

I guess they could not change the song's name since it was never given a name. It's also cool how Metal Face has different lines for Shulk.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:02 pm

So much music. That makes me happy, I love the music from the 3DS version, but there's just barely anything there. The over 400 songs in this game should more than make up for that.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:17 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. The Orbital Gate, which was shown in yesterday's post, looks like a space station, as you can see in this picture. There was also a pic of the day where the fighters are going through the center gate. …By the way, this model is actually a trophy. Diorama style. The Orbital Gate Assault stage actually took a whole year to complete.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSr9iGwlNAI--3

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSr9iO8fd9EtSa

I guess the new stages with tons of things going on also take a long time. it just shows how many people really worked on the game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Yeah, those are pretty detailed. Although, not as much so as the actual stage, of course, which has way more things going on.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:07 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. In the Gamer stage, the stage set-up will change at random. Here's Mom appearing from an easel. You'd better stay on your toes. Mom even appears out of the TV. Sometimes she jumps out of it and walks around. It gets a little crazy. The guy in the far window is Grandpa, who acts as Mom's decoy. His wig is swaying.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSsKG7YJjONfHW

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSsKHCkI4Uu1eV

I like how the stage is different every time you play. I also think that Grandpa is Mom most of the time just in case.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:24 am

What? It's randomized? And Pyoro is in the stage? I'm missing so much by still not owning the Wii U game. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:51 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Here's a basic size of the map for Smash Tour. The card suits and star marks are check points. You'll get a full-round bonus if you pass them all, and you'll get a strength bonus if you stop on any of them. If you look reaaally closely, you'll see that by rolling a 5, you can pass through the center of the map to the other end. This means that you'll have an advantage if you keep rolling 5s!! Trophies like Ashley's that slow down the roulette wheel may help you out here.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 70 ZlCfzSsXkvc0ieEasY

I played Smash Tour 10 times and I never knew about the 5 trick until now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:14 am

I really want to play Smash Tour, it seems like an interesting mode. I actually liked Smash Run, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this mode too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:02 pm