The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Super Mario Party

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Mario Party  Empty Super Mario Party

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:49 pm

A new Mario Party game will be released on October 5th.

I have to say it looks pretty good and the car seems to be gone. I also hope it has online play so the Switch online service has a new game for it before Pokemon.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Super Mario Party  Empty Re: Super Mario Party

Post by Marowak Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Looks like stars and coins, but looks like isn't always is, but if they can't do a better new mode than car, I guess just classic is best. And making this online would be very useful in selling online to everyone as another online game, but it'll probably just be local switch to switch only
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Mario Party having online, bah when pigs fly. I'd be totally shocked if they added it. They had how many opportunities now? I just don't see it ever happening for whatever reason. I would like to see it.

I don't really feel much when a new Mario Party is announced anymore. It's just another ND Cube Mario Party in my eyes. The ones I've played were a mixed bag, they have some good things about them but there's always something that makes them end up bleh.

Now, it looks like Bowser is fully playable now? Cool but at the same time it would feel like a big void is opened. Bowser always served the fine role of ruining the party. Playable Goomba is without a doubt the greatest thing ever so props for that. The board stuff looks fine.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:40 pm

For the first time Mario Party will have online.

Go Nintendo wrote:It's finally happening after a billion years. Super Mario Party is going to include a mode that lets you play online with either friends or strangers. It's not the classic board game mode, but it's definitely something worth your time!
    - play 5 games to compete for best score 
    - play online with friends or strangers 
    - leaderboards 
    - ranking system 
    - rewards
    Source

While it's only one of the mini-game modes it better then nothing and to be honest you know one of the other random 3 players your playing with would rage quit before the end anyway.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 am

Gameguy1996 wrote:For the first time Mario Party will have online.

Go Nintendo wrote:It's finally happening after a billion years. Super Mario Party is going to include a mode that lets you play online with either friends or strangers. It's not the classic board game mode, but it's definitely something worth your time!
    - play 5 games to compete for best score 
    - play online with friends or strangers 
    - leaderboards 
    - ranking system 
    - rewards
    Source

While it's only one of the mini-game modes it better then nothing and to be honest you know one of the other random 3 players your playing with would rage quit before the end anyway.

Holy crap. They actually did it. Nice. Online boards with randoms definitely wouldn't work yeah, it most likely would end prematurely. Online with friends should be reasonable, no? It's good to seen any form of online Mario Party for sure.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:32 pm

I am fine with not rando boards, very babysteps feeling, but honestly playing an hour game with no issues is hard to imagine with their online sometimes
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:01 pm

Hoping to play Super Mario Party in handheld mode? While it turns out you won't be able to play it in handheld mode at all. 

Nintendo Soup wrote:We have some bad news for those of you planning to pick up a copy of Super Mario Partynext month.
    It appears that the game will not be playable in Handheld Mode, but only TV Mode and Tabletop Mode. What that means is if you’re outside your home, you can’t play Super Mario Party when both Joy-Con are attached to the Switch console.
    The reason behind this is because most of the mini games in Super Mario Party require motion controls (one Joy-Con per player), and that’s simply impossible in Handheld Mode. So at the time of writing, the following control options are not supported in Super Mario Party: Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, Joy-Con Pair, Joy-Con Grip.

Source

Given that this is the Switch you think handheld mode would have been a given. Sadly we will likely have to wait for Super Mario Party 2 to get handheld mode even thought hey really should have at least let you play in handheld when playing alone at least.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Seems like Super Mario Party is casing Joy-Con to sell out in Europe and Japan.

Nintendo Soup wrote:Retailers in Europe and Japan are reporting increased demand for Joy-Con after the release of Super Mario Party.
    Amazon Italy, France, Denmark, and United Kingdom have run out of almost every single color available. Now they’re up for back-order and will only ship in 5 to 15 days. Meanwhile, GEO, one of the largest video game retailers in Japan, has reported a 300% increase in Joy-Con sales after Super Mario Party launched.
    This shouldn’t be surprising as Super Mario Party makes heavy use of Joy-Con and can support up to 4 players.

Source

I might pick up a second set next month to try and get a full 4 player board game going for Thanksgiving and if I did that I would have 6 Switch controllers ready for 8 Player Smash as while. As for Super Mario Party it's nice to see lots of content after how little the Top 100 and 10 had and even though the boards are small there the best they have been in years, river survival and sound stage are also pretty good side modes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 pm