The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 37 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:29 am

Unknown Entity from MPL wrote:No more acid tripping? WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU NINTENDO?!

--

No. I'm actually glad they changed it. It fits him so much more...

--

Would love to see a different Peach FS. That one was lame. Also, new J.P. FS. Please. Something involving the marker/microphone from the show would be cool. Or some sort of singing that'll completely devastate everyone.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 37 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:17 pm

Luigi should just have a full moveset based on Luigi's Mansion, rather than being a total copy of Mario with the exception of his Final Smash;otherwise there's no reason to have both characters in the game to begin with.

But regardless at least they're doing something else for his Final Smash, don't remember what it was in Brawl.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:21 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Luigi should just have a full moveset based on Luigi's Mansion, rather than being a total copy of Mario with the exception of his Final Smash;otherwise there's no reason to have both characters in the game to begin with.
    What about Link & Toon Link?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:23 pm

It'd be the same deal with them. I personally don't see the point in just having 2 characters with the exact same moveset, when they could've easily added in another character with a different one.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 pm

That's precisely why I hate TL being in SSB4.

I've so far been fine with all but him.

Perhaps it's me, but I don't see the cloning as bad with Mario & Luigi(at least in Brawl). Or say, Lucas & Ness.

Although, they certainly could be more differentiated.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:09 pm

If you guys aren't fans of the clones, you must all love how Brawl had Fox Falco and Wolf, with the exact same moves with minor tweeking. I hope to see what Luigi's final smash actually does soon.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:47 pm

^ My guess is that Luigi's Final Smash just allows him to suck up the characters using his Poltergust. Which could be overpowered or underpowered depending on how they decide to go about it, I don't really think it'll be in the middle though. We'll see though I guess...

Also, for franchises which only have 2 characters, clones I don't mind that much. It's when the ones like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon get clones, when they already have tons of characters from those franchises in the game to begin with.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:53 am

Here's the pic of the day.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. This may look like a side-scrolling action game, but it's actually one of the stages.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 37 ZlCfzRt1pTQQ2NtXrn

This might be the return of stage builder since the stage does not look like it's based off of a game. If it is the return of stage builder it seems to be a little better based off of the picture.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:10 pm

It is true that it doesn't appear to be based off of any particular game, but you can't be sure. I don't recognize it from anything myself though. If the stage editor returns, it better have a reason to exist. In Brawl it was terrible. But I imagine it would be better due to the Wii U Gamepad and 3DS touch screen.

Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:12 pm

I feel like it's stage builder as well, that spring and spike ball don't really blend in with some general theme that the background is trying to display.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Some ppl are speculating the spikey ball is Kirby.

Also, that this is another area to Palutena Temple.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:53 pm

^ It could be that this is another area to Palutena's Temple, but it doesn't really appear to be to me. I'd still say it's most likely to be a stage built using the stage editor in the game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:34 am

Here's the pic of the day.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. The Gust Bellows can blow opponents away with its powerful wind blasts. When someone drops it, though, the gusts run wild! Out of the new items, more than a few will be from The Legend of Zelda series. We'll take the most interesting and straightforward ones and reformulate them to match the Smash Bros. world.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 37 ZlCfzRuL6KsKcL-Kru

The Gust Bellows seem to be a good item. I just hope that there's not that many more new Zelda items after this one.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Nice to see them adding in some Spirit Tracks items/stage, I love that game. That seems like an interesting item, I'm sure it'll be helpful depending on how far it blows opponents.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:17 pm