The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 38 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Marowak Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Zero that was in Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks had the Sand Wand

I don't mind getting new items from Zelda, really any new item will be interesting to see, and a removal of the banana peel as well.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 38 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Really? Well, because Spirit Tracks released first and had a VERY similar item (if it wasn't the exact same one) then I'd still say it's from that game. But I never played SS through to completion so I have no idea what the difference is between the items.

Also, the Banana Peel should be removed as an item anyway just because Diddy Kong already has it in his moveset...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:03 am

Here's the pic of the day.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 38 ZlCfzRunBOsVbl0S85

I guess it's cool that Pikachu's Thunder is stronger now. I just think that tons of people will spam it even more online now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:43 pm

Yeah I agree, because people already constantly used the attack over and over again before. But perhaps you can't do that anymore, and that's why they decided to make the attack stronger.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:41 am

This pic was a great way to end the week.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Hello fighters! I'll assist you with fresh-picked fruit from my town!♪ Congratulations on your appearance Isabelle! I also have another important announcement. On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it! You'll be able to watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 38 ZlCfzRvAFKkPNj4zaJ

It's nice to see that Isabelle is an AT and I was not expecting a Smash Bros Direct this soon.  Shocked
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Perhaps it's releasing sooner than we thought? That's pretty cool to have a Smash Bros. Direct on Tuesday. Although I'd prefer an all-out Nintendo Direct. Razz Either way I'm sure he'll be showing off the single-player mode and a new character. And maybe Sakurai will be hosting the Direct instead of Iwata. (but I feel like that won't happen...)

Also, Isabelle is an awesome AT, I just wonder what she'll do. (I'm guessing it has something to do with fruit like he said, but what exactly it is I have no idea)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:57 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. An insatiable, unidentified extraterrestrial is targeting a certain peaceful town…!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 38 ZlCfzRwTADwq7HvlbW

It's nice to see that the Metroid AT is likely back.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:36 am

That metroid look strange on top of that Animal Crossing background. Razz It's nice to see it back though, it's one of the Assist Trophies I actually used in Brawl. Also, haven't we only seen Assist Trophies on the Wii U? I hope they don't just remove them for the 3DS version. But they may have a different set of Assist Trophies for the 3DS version.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Marowak Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:10 pm

I highly doubt that the assist trophies are just going to be gone in the 3DS version, they'll probably have some 3DS characters coming out to help.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:57 pm

You could be right, but wouldn't they have at least shown one 3DS Assist Trophy if they're different from each other? Each time one is revealed, they show it on Wii U. Unless they're the same for both versions, then it would make sense that they would only show the Wii U version of it.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Marowak Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Then in that case I'd assume that they will be the same, afterall I don't know why Isabelle would be for a WiiU exclusive assist trophy, they're probably just showing off them with the better graphics.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Yeah, that's true.

In case anyone forgot, the Super Smash Bros. Direct will be broadcast live tomorrow at 6 pm EST/3 pm PST. (I'm sure there's websites where you can change that to a different time zone)

I feel like they may show off that customization feature. Does anyone think you may be able to choose one of the moves each character can use? I'm not saying the entire moveset as that would be insane, but maybe just one of the moves the characters can use could be switched between 2 or 3 different options. I think it would be pretty interesting if that were added.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:01 am

Some AT's might only be in the Wii U version since the 3DS might not be able to hold all of them.

I really don't like the idea of switching moves since some characters would likely have better moves then others.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day, and a very important announcement. On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it! It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait. You can watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 38 ZlCfzRwo4GoorRJcwo

I like how one of the Crates has the Smash Logo now. Also could Pikachu be hinting at a returning Pokemon character for the Direct? We also got the Metroid AT on Monday. With that said I think we will see one new character in the Direct and maybe a few more returning characters.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm

What is that wrapped present? Is that new?

I don't really think he's hinting at anything with the pic of the day to be honest, it's probably just something random. But I do think he's hinting that there will be something big with the text, how he says "it'll probably be worth the wait." Meaning there must be something big shown in it. But I have no idea what would be bigger than new characters, modes, or release dates. Or that connectivity between both versions.

I do think Palutena will shine in though. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 am