The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:02 am

Wait what's that? A Game Boy stage? He never really specified what it is, now I'm really confused. Razz But it looks cool. I also like how Classic Mode is in the 3DS version despite it getting the exclusive Smash Run. The 3DS version is looking better than Wii U at this point honestly.

Also, Corocoro won't be showing any new info on the game as far as we know.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11 am

Is Meta Knight not going to be playable?

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. "Hello! I'm Samus, the intergalactic bounty hunter!" "And I am Meta Knight, joining the battle!!"

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 1621qpk

Laughing I don't think this really means anything since this is the Meta Knight hat you can get in Find Mii and it could just be a small hint like Mr. Game and Watch.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:26 am

I hope this is just a joke. Sakurai doesn't really think a Mii with a Meta-Knight hat can actually replace Meta-Knight. Razz XD The fact that one of the Miis is Samus saying the same thing make it more likely Meta-Knight is still think the game actually.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:00 pm

I see it as a small possible hint of Meta Knight returning as a playable fighter either as a secret or a reveal like Captain Falcon. Maybe with Mr Game and Watch. I'd like to see Ness return more than anyone else because I'd hate to see nobody represent Earthbound. I'm sure he's very likely.

I like that Gameboy stage, looks like a version of flat zone.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:01 pm

^ I can see him being a hidden character like Mr. Game and Watch, because I doubt Sakurai would show this screenshot before confirming the actual Meta Knight as a playable character.

I also just noticed it almost looks like the Meta Knight helmet was just copy and pasted on top of that Mii's head. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:22 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. If you manage to raise this Special Flag for long enough, an additional KO count will be added to your score in a time match, or you'll get an extra stock for a stock match. When this appears on the stage, the fight for the flag becomes a fierce battle of tactics, which makes things pretty interesting.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 J606fk

This is a cool idea for an item and I guess it does not bring in Namco characters at all.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Cool idea, I really like that concept. But now I'll be constantly racing towards a ton of different items in the game. The Smash Ball, Dragoon, Daybreak, and the Namco Flag.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:33 pm

That's an interesting idea, fighting others with a strategy to hold the flag long enough. I'm interested in seeing other characters holding the special flag.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:37 am

The real Meta Knight is back!

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!

Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 14c8r3r

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Mwbq02

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Main
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-1

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-2

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-3

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-4

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-5

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-6

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-7

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-8

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-9

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 55 Screen-10

It seems like they really balanced him since the glide is out and some of his moves look harder to use. I also saw different Pokemon in the backround in picture 8.

The website also updated with info for some of the new stages.

Smash Bros Website wrote:3D Land
    A stage based on Super Mario 3D Land. The screen will scroll automatically, causing all kinds of things to appear.

Tortimer Island
    A stage inspired by Tortimer Island from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The configuration of the island and its palm trees changes with each battle.

Prism Tower
    The tower in Lumiose City from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. The platforms that the fighters battle on float around the tower itself.

Spirit Train
    The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks serves as the basis for this stage. Players will duke it out on a moving train. The train cars will change out while the train runs, and Dark Trains and Armored Trains also appear. And of course, the train's engineer is none other than Link.

Rainbow Road
    The Rainbow Road course from Mario Kart 7 is the inspiration for this stage. Platforms will hover above the course, touching down at random places during the race. Watch out for Shy Guys racing in their karts!

Pilotwings
    This stage is inspired by both Pilotwings and Pilotwings Resort, which takes you on an aerial tour of the runway and Wuhu Island as you battle. Be careful not to fall when the planes switch!

Town and City
    A stage based on Animal Crossing: City Folk. The platforms go back and forth between the town and... errmm...the city. Depending on the actual time, the stage switches between day and night. The visitors are also different each time.

Mario Galaxy
    Mario Galaxy is a bit of an odd stage. The planetary gravity is tightly bound to the core, so jumps straight off platforms or directly upward will tend to send fighters in a diagonal direction.

Battlefield
    A standard stage consisting of a large plaform and three smaller ones that float above it. Though its design is simple, it enables limitless strategies.

Wily Castle
    The base of Dr. Wily from Mega Man 2 can be seen in the background of this stage. At times a Yellow Devil will launch out from the castle and interfere with the battle. The Yellow Devil can be defeated by attacking its weak point: the eye. Defeating the Yellow Devil will cause a giant explosion that will damage other fighters.

Boxing Ring
    Punch-Out!! is the inspiration for this stage. You're able to fight both inside the ring and out. Try using the ropes on the left and right of the ring to perform giant jumps, or attack the light fixture above the ring to send it crashing down.

I think this might be the stages that are there from the start in both games. Lastly Corocoro only shared info about one of Peach's moves, a Frog hat for the Mii and some info about off TV play.
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:52 am

I exploded of happiness when I saw this.

Now I have a very good reason to spend all my money on both versions of the game.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:58 am

What did I say?
    King Dedede and Meta Knight are both back!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:07 pm

^ Well of course Kind Dedede ended up returning, some were skeptical about Meta Knight though, as he was so overpowered in Brawl and it took them so long to show him.

But it looks like they changed his moveset. No glide, that'll be weird. Is the tornado move still there?
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Post by TheFrozenFairy Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Meta Knight returned. that's cool. I wouldn't have guessed he would be shown so soon. Was he shown on a release date for a Kirby game?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:18 pm

^ Nope, it's actually kind of weird that he confirmed Meta Knight today, considering there were no Kirby releases. (unless maybe one of those eShop minigames released in Japan today?) Hyrule Warriors releases tomorrow in Japan when they could've shown Ganondorf, but instead they showed Meta Knight a day earlier. I guess it's just because of the screenshot shown Monday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:57 am