The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:27 am

I guess it's from one of the Pokemon games I never played, because that doesn't look familiar at all. But I guess it seems like an alright stage.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:22 am

Sakurai wrote:What's up with this bomb? This looks like the stadium for the Home-run Contest, but there's no bat. Once you touch the bomb, it begins to count down. Give it enough damage and launch it at the right time…then once the bomb's countdown hits zero…!! ...It goes BOOOOOM! Not only will the blast destroy targets, but it'll also cause a chain reaction by using shattered walls and bomb blocks--all of which contributes to you getting a high score!! This is a new activity that combines the concepts of Target Smash and the Home-run Contest--it's called Target Blast! Your final score is the total you rack up over two rounds. Of course, your Target Blast scores contribute to your Global Smash Power, too.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 ZlCfzSPk7VIPGxb5B3

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 ZlCfzSPk7xwoE8XJDq

I'm glad Target Smash got changed since it was not that great in Brawl and this game looks better as if right now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:57 am

That's a pretty cool minigame. I'm glad they're not just sticking to Home Run Contest and Target Smash, as those got boring after Melee imo. This is probably the only minigame I'll ever really play...

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:20 pm

The good 'ole question: With 36 confirmed, who else could be coming back? Any more newcomers?

We have hints that Mr. Game & Watch as well as Wario are in. Check Pac-Man video & eShop, respectively. Ness & Jigglypuff are sure to be back. That makes 40 if we assume.

So, who else? I don't have high hopes for Squirtle or Ivysaur. Snake is a 100% no now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:55 pm

^ Before I would've said 40 max. But with all the character reveals since the game was first announced, I'm honestly expecting more like 50 or so characters, probably more.

Snake isn't 100% not in the game. He's unlikely now with 3 third party characters, but Sakurai is allowed to put him in the game, even without consent from Konami. (due to their deal from Brawl, but maybe I'm wrong about that?) I don't really expect him back though. Squirtle and Ivysaur are not coming back, no way. The only Pokemon I can see returning are Jigglypuff and possibly Mewtwo. (only because the fans want him so badly, Lucario seems to be his replacement...) Wario is probably back, Game and Watch is pretty much confirmed back, Meta-Knight would make sense as long as his moveset is altered a bit. Halberd is a stage once again, so I wouldn't be surprised. And Ganondorf will probably be back too. I'm not sure whether Ness or Lucas will be returning. I'm sure one of them will, but which one I have no idea...just because most people preferred using Lucas in Brawl.

As for new characters, I think Shulk is going to be in the game due to his voice actor doing voice acting for the game, and Monolith Soft retweeting the character reveal. (even if it turned out to be Lucina and Robin instead) Also, some Rhythm Heaven character due to the RH enemy appearing in Smash Run. Other than that, I have no idea, they'll probably be random characters I'd never think would appear.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:22 am

I will put them in different groups.

Most likely returning.

Ness: We have seen the Earthbound items and he's part of the original 12.

Jigglypuff: She's part of the original 12 and the fairy moves could be added in some way.

Wario: He was leaked on the eShop and Ashley and Waluigi were shown with his icon.

Meta Knight: One of Sakurai's sons and the only reason why I think we have not seen him yet is because of his moves being changed.

Ganondorf: I think he will make his return on  August 14th or maybe in a Direct.

Falco: I think he will back since he made the jump from Melee to Brawl and he's Fox's right hand man.

Mr. Game and Watch: I think he's a hidden character so that's why he was put on the website yet.

Ice Climbers: I think Sakurai found a way to make them work on the 3DS.

Maybe returning

Wolf: I think Wolf could leave or say but, since a new Star Fox is in the works and he's a villain I would say that he's back.

R.O.B: Nintendo sent out a tweet a while saying robots never go out of style right R.O.B? Sakurai also likes retro characters. So I think he could be back but, many won't care if he's cut.

Lucus: I think he may return since he was popular in Brawl but, he might get removed since Nintendo has not even put Mother 3 on the VC.

Mewtwo: He has came back into the spotlight and lots of people want him back but, I think he will be left out since 5 Pokemon seems like it will be the max this time.

Not returning
    The other Melee characters

Snake: I think his time has come and gone.

Squirtle: Greninja is also a water type and he can't hold down his roster spot.

Ivysaur: The most likely cut since he was really only there to round out the Pokemon Trainers team.

Newcomers that I think could be in
    Most likely
    Shulk
    Marshal/ Rhythm Heaven character

Maybe
    Dixie
    Ridley
    Isaac
    Krystal

Here's a birthday cake that the team made Sakurai.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 BuG2c1mCYAAO-C4

You think they would have gotten a huge cake so that everyone can have some and it sucks that he had to work on his birthday,

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan. Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 ZlCfzSQe8rcGdTaYwQ

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 ZlCfzSQe9wY4lrCwoE

I never thought that the Sablé Prince would be an AT and he's seems to be a really cool one.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:00 am

The Sablé Prince is an Assist Trophy? Weird. They even made it a 3D version of his original artwork. Sakurai should come up with a name for him though. Razz

And happy birthday Sakurai. (yesterday)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:20 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Look at these three radiant pieces... Yup, you guessed it! It's another combinable item like the Dragoon-the Daybreak. his is what it looks like when all three parts are combined together. How powerful will its beam blast be? FYI, you can fire shooting items while moving backward and forward. Change direction by flicking the Control Stick or Circle Pad toward the back of the fighter.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 4gkthv

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 14y48ia

I don't understand why the Daybreak made the item lineup when the Beetle can KO players. With that said the Daybreak fits Smash great even though most people are whining about there being lots of KIU items.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:27 am

The Beetle is from Skyward Sword though...

It's cool that the Daybreak is in Smash Bros. Sakurai really likes to make those combinable items. It seems to work exactly the same way as it does in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:27 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Victini and Xerneas are both support Pokémon. Victini's Victory Star boosts the attack of whoever throws the Poké Ball, and also prevents flinching. Xerneas's Geomancy increases the launch power of all fighters, but exceptionally raises it for whoever had the Poké Ball.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 Mkx653

I thought Victini would attack players but, it cool how both Pokemon up the fighters attacks though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:05 am

Well that's interesting, I don't think any of the Pokemon previously used for Smash Bros. did that. And if Xerneas is in the game, I hope Yvetal is too.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:15 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Here's the trophy gallery for the 3DS version. You can rotate the trophies by drawing circles on the bottom screen. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had tons of trophies, but rumor has it that the 3DS version alone may have more than Brawl. Looks like the Dr. Wily that we made from scratch for the 3DS version is on his knees in disbelief. Here's something new--the trophy shop. If you're having a hard time getting certain trophies, why not just buy them? They sometimes go on sale, too.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 ZlCfzSRca1kyyVPZbA

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 ZlCfzSRcbMAX8ULwuf

It's cool how you could buy trophies this time and lets hope they go on sale more then that and I guess were looking at 600 plus trophies in just the 3DS version if there's really that many. Also is that Mr Game and Watch in the the box between Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Cool, and of course you can buy them with Play Coins too. (which I kind of assumed before knowing you could buy trophies at all Razz) And that's a TON of trophies.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:04 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. "♪Ba-ding!♪"
    If you turn on the 3D effect, it really looks like there's a Game Boy inside the screen.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 ZlCfzSRxjz0YZm9djd

That's cool how this thing looks like a Game Boy with the 3D on and I can't wait to see the newer characters in this artstyle.

Also here are the Famitsu scans.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 BuelbvwIgAAiekR

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 BuerNiUIcAApnnu

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 BuerNe7IAAAPXmq

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 BuerNIRIUAA2zI5

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 BueuHuUIQAAkirs

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 54 BueuHpXIEAAwNIb

That mode we saw in the E3 trailer was Classic Mode after, The Miis replace the Multi- Man and I hope you use whatever moves you want for Palutena since her starting moves don't seem that great.

Lastly the Corocoro info should leak soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:02 pm