The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 ZlCfzSM5sPUuQzGp4V

I guess Mega Man's stages are going to be trash this time since the Yellow Devil makes this stage unplayable. It's cool how it's daytime on the 3DS though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:16 am

I guess it's cool that's coming to the 3DS version since a lot of Mega Man games have also been on handhelds. But I agree that the stage looks nearly unplayable with the Yellow Devil, and kind of boring since it's completely flat with nothing but the Yellow Devil being a stage hazard.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. This is the Tomodachi Life stage that's exclusive to the 3DS version! The front walls of the apartments disappear so you can see the area within when a fighter overlaps with the room. The rooms are randomly placed and selected from among several types. Planting an X Bomb behind a wall might be an effective tactic. You might run into a Mii living in the room! The Mii characters are taken from the data in your 3DS system, so you could find your friends living in the apartments.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 ZlCfzSNLovYq93g28c

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 ZlCfzSNLpBkGD95Fjk

It seems to work kind of like the Luigi's Mansion stage in Brawl and it's cool how your Mii plaza Mii's are the ones that show up.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Yeah, it seems just like the Luigi's Mansion stage from Brawl, just with a Tomodachi Life theme instead. It seems like there isn't much there. Although there isn't really much they could do with a Tomodachi Life stage.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:22 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. For the first time ever, I present to you…the main menu for the 3DS version!! The icons are even animated. The design concept may look similar if you've played other games I've worked on. But we had a hard time making this one because… The bottom screen displays pictures matching each mode! This was quite a task for the UI (User Interface) designers, but they made it happen. Kudos to them! You can tap the screen to look up additional info like how to play--complete with diagrams.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 ZlCfzSNeTkQ7lATz2R

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 ZlCfzSNeUCcxY_WGy5

That cool how detailed the diagrams are and i think All Star, Classic and Event Matches are under challenge.

Also we got to see a returning stage in the press kit. Green Hill Zone will return in the 3DS version and we also get to see Kirby's Robin hat.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 Green_hill_zone__medium

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 11__large
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:26 am

You know, it says "Wii U" next to Streetpass, and this is the 3DS version. So what connectivity does it have with Wii U? I'm guessing something related to Amiibo.

It's cool to see the menu screen, and it looks exactly the same as Brawl and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Razz But I guess the menu works fine for those games, so it works.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:12 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted in the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack!! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 3x748

Sad I lost hope for Takamaru after Greninja was reveled and it really sucks that this news came out that he's not a playable character right after we learned that his game is coming to the VC. With that said though I'm glad he was upgraded from a sticker to an Assist Trophy and who knows he might get the Mac treatment in the next Smash Bros game.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 am

That sucks...
    At least he's an assist trophy.
    I mean, they brought the game to Virtual Console, had the Ninja Castle in Nintendo Land...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:00 am

Oh. I was kind of hoping he'd be playable like you guys, but I guess you can't really expect a character like that to be playable. Especially when we already have some similar characters in Smash Bros. But it's cool he at least appears as an Assist Trophy.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:05 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, here's a Paper Mario stage! It's made of paper, so strong winds will blow it away. Since the stage is paper, it transforms when it folds over and opens up again. This ship is the S.S. Flavion from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 ZlCfzSOqcRwhZ3zIfk

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 ZlCfzSOqcm4ENc3A8R

I guess the fan could make the Sticker Star part a bit more fun to play on. The ship will be the highlight for me though and I'm a bit sad that there's only going to be 2 of the great Paper Mario songs unless there's also a Wii U Paper Mario stage but, that likely won't happen unless Paper Mario is playable and I don't want that to happen.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:01 am

You know, Brawl did give you plenty of song options, so I'm sure there will be more than just 2 Paper Mario songs in this as well.

I wish the stage was completely a TTYD stage and was set in Rogueport or one of the levels in that game. I hate to see a Sticker Star one instead for the first Paper Mario stage in Smash. :/ Oh well, I guess it still looks cool.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:52 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. If you get caught in the Boss Galaga item's tractor beam, it will carry you away to the top of the screen. You can shoot it down, but it won't join you in battle for double the firepower.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 Zxjipf

It's cool how the Boss Galaga will carry you to the top of the screen and it seems like it just a normal item and not part of the Namco Flag.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:55 am

Didn't he already update this through another Pic of the Day? I think that's a cool item though, and I love how the Villagers are just standing there cheering.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:25 am

Your thinking of Pac-Man's grab.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Reshiram appears on one of the stages in the 3DS version! Zekrom and Milotic will appear, too. It's close enough to the launch date, so I don't have to describe this stage to you, right? The design of this stage is based off of the surroundings of someone's castle.
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 53 ZlCfzSPRioIHoRLm3J
    I won't spoil this but, it's cool that this castle is a stage since tons of people wanted this stage and it better then Pokrmon Stadium 3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 am