The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Winters Thief Zero
queenzelda
Marowak
7 posters

Death

Death Empty Death

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 am

How has death affected your life?

Do you sympathize or empathize with other people's deaths even though you may not even know the person personally?

This is a double-sided answer for me.

First of all, I've never lost anyone in my life that I would consider close to me(even if they aren't close). Be it family or whatever. I don't know the full feeling of experiencing death. But I can tell you it'd devastate me if the ones close to me died.

I'm not sure entirely sure how I'd handle it, though.

But anyway, the death of Satoru Iwata made me cry. And I did feel a bit down because of it. The reason for this is probably because of how much I ended up realizing he had an impact on my childhood life. He did help to make it more fun. After all, I was a rather big Nintendo fan back then.

But that doesn't mean I always show empathy or sympathy toward someone I don't know dying or maybe had an impact on me at some point. Just to take the recent killings of the news crew members of WDBJ7 as an example. I don't feel any condolences... My only guess is because I don't know what it truly is like to lose someone you love yet. And, well... When stuff like this happens I don't always seem myself and terrible thoughts enter my mind...

I'm know I'm not the most normal person. But really. A lot of people aren't. Normal is being plain, boring and going along with everything else that people do in life. It's hard to find people like because of how complex the human mind can be.

I'm also not stupid enough to commit a crime like killing people. I'm sane enough to know what's right or wrong. And going to prison is not in my agenda.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Death Empty Re: Death

Post by Marowak Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:49 am

It seems as time goes on death's affecting me less and less, really the only way that it'd hit me hard now seems to be if I have a real real close relation with the person, sometimes I feel a little sad, but plenty of times when it's some death on the news I don't really feel anything toward it.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:57 am

I've had death effect me a lot of times. My grandfather (my mom's dad) when he passed away I was really close to him; so when he passed away I cried for a month if not more. D: When my nan (my dad's mom) passed away I wasn't as upset because I wasn't as close to her as I was my mother's father. But with Iwata when I found out that he passed away I cried; & it was because I felt like I knew him. I mean seeing him ever year clearly had an impact on me.

When my fiancee's mother passed away I started to cry; but Jing didn't want to see me upset so he asked me not to cry because he knew that his mom were she still alive would want to see me happy. So I stopped crying; but when I was alone I did. I still miss her, and my grandfather, along with my nan, & Iwata-san, but I realize they're not coming back & just move on in life.

With others who loose family & friends I do feel badly for them because I understand what that's like loosing some one. I may not grieve for the person who lost their life; but it's only because I didn't know the person who did pass away. If I had known them then maybe it'd effect me in some way; but it just doesn't. In some terrible twisted fashion; it makes me think it'd be better if we didn't get close to those we love that way when they pass away it won't hurt as much. But it's impossible to do since every one has some one important to them in some way, shape, form or fashion.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:28 pm

I've had relatively few family deaths, but as they've happened, I've been incredibly upset. Specifically, my grandfather, as I was closer to him than most other family members. I cried/grieved for quite some time. But honestly, although it's certainly good to cry and let emotions out, you can't just let it hurt you forever. I'll never 'move on' from their deaths of course, I loved them, but it's not something I think about constantly or even want to think about.

On the other hand, despite how terrible it is just knowing people passed away, I don't really feel any sadness for random people I don't know, or people I only knew of, passing. If I hear it on the news, I'll certainly be sad somebody died, but I don't really think about it for long or grieve over it, I never really knew the person. (that's with the exception of Satoru Iwata, I felt he really affected my life in many positive ways, and it was almost like I knew him personally...I actually nearly cried over his death and was constantly thinking about it for at least a week)

Honestly I am a little frightened of death...you never know when it may happen to you. There's so much I still want to experience in my life and I really don't want it to happen to me anytime in the near future.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Queen Pikachu wrote:In some terrible twisted fashion; it makes me think it'd be better if we didn't get close to those we love that way when they pass away it won't hurt as much. But it's impossible to do since every one has some one important to them in some way, shape, form or fashion.
    I certainly had that same mentality before. And sometimes it creeps up to me still. But I do know there are a few people I have close I would not like to see die soon. My real fear is the way I would deal with death.

...There's no way to get a life back once it's gone. I do want to be prepared for when the inevitable happens. Be it soon or later. Of course...given I don't die before.

I do wish to live life to the fullest. I do not wish to die from an act of some lunatics rampage.

If it were something beyond my control, I would be able to at least accept that fate. We will all eventually die someday and while I may be scared of not living on anymore when the time comes, I am prepared to face death.

I want to die knowing I enjoyed life. ...What kind of life is it if you die knowing you hated life? A bad one.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:29 pm

Well some time way in the future; we could all go to a robot body: like with the anime Ghost in the Shell. But if I live long enough to see that come down I'd ask who ever was in charge of that crap to just let my conscience go. It's not worth living that kind of existence in the end impo.

Still; for now all we can do in life is live with death in our lives. Death happens. It's no one's fault & to dwell any more on it isn't a good thing either. Just deal with yourself & how your feeling; it may seem shallow to deal with only yourself but it's best to deal with who you know best & you know yourself better then any one. More so if it's some one who passes away you don't know & don't know how to deal with how they died. Some times it helps to get away to someplace where you can be alone & just have some "me" time. That way you can sit with your thoughts & just calmly think of nothing.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:28 pm

So far it's been my mom. My mom & I were super close & then she got hit by a drunk on her way home from work & when she arrived at the hospital she lived for a very few short days. But day three she passed away. I was beside myself with grief & I haven't been the same since.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:00 am

This one time my friend killed his dog in GTA and it was pretty funny.
    Bowser498
    Bowser498
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : Bowser498: Super Mario (Modern) Video Game Expert/Pro
    Internet Browser : Internet Explorer

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Maker and Splatoon!

Post by Bowser498 Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:03 am

At first I was like "akkkkkkk!"

But in all seriousness, my grandfather passed away last November. However, I wasn't crying like hell b/c I knew exactly when he was going to die; I was awake at 3 AM to know his passing. But yes, we had a lot of tears, and that February, I was somewhat crying.

But Zero is right. You never know what will happen---at least I believe in God!
    The worst part, you will be in heaven forever...Yes, forever... For decillions of years to come... Razz
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !

User Points : 358
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Bossblitz88 Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:28 pm

My father's closest friend's mother recently passed away. Although I haven't known her, it's makes me sad how it affects my dad and his friend's family  Sad. My dad's also in his 60s and I get worries sometimes thinking about if I come home one day to see him not there. He still needs to take care of us bit he needs lots of care too.

Sometimes I wonder about death at random moments when I'm bored. Its scary how it just happens when no one expects it. No more of the billions of things you do when you're alive...it really gets me thinking about how much better I could make my life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:14 pm