The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
7 posters

Super Mario 3D World

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Mario 3D World - Page 12 Empty Re: Super Mario 3D World

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:So, you watched a full extra world, or did you also watch the entire game before that extra world as well? Because I definitely wouldn't have watched it considering I'm almost certainly getting this game.
    I watched a little of World 4 until the end of World Star but I did not see everything since the steam cut out at some points I looked away at other parts.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:The boss doesn't even seem Mario like, but it does look cool. How are you even supposed to beat it? Also looks like not all of the warp pipes are actually transparent. The one with all the transparent pipes looks fun though.

I agree Gameguy to an extent. Some of these just look like NSMB though...

Also, the frog suit is returning.
    Quite a while ago, but since when did you here the frog suit was in it?
    We didn't even know about the Double Cherry then...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:01 pm

A Nintendo rep for the SM3DW demo at E3 said it would be returning, I'm going to assume it isn't though the way you sound. :/
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:56 pm

It was just a joke about Luigi's cat suit since it looked like the Frog Suit.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:10 pm

I got this game just yesterday & I played a few levels together with my sweetheart. We got as far as the third world which is the ice world & so far we're enjoying it so much.

I really enjoyed skating around as Peach since there seem to be a lot of skates under goomba a**es. XD I have no idea what the Bowser statues are for since you have to use the stars you've collected in order to unlock them.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Here's the red case.

Super Mario 3D World - Page 12 Unnamed%289%29
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:36 am

I have no idea which package mine would have come in since I bought the DL version therein. Razz The game was next to impossible to find & purchase where I lived so I opted to purchase the DL version alternatively & actually saved a bit of cash by going that route too. ;3
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:40 am

Better red than dead.

So I just beat the game yesterday, I'd only played co-op with a friend previously and while it was fun it didn't really feel like a proper co-op game. It plays far better as a solo game. The creative juices from Mario Galaxy are back, it's just so good to see game mechanics that are used for one level and then never seen again, or only come back for a cameo late on in the game. It's so easy to find games that bleed their mechanics and features to death in modern games or even in some recent Nintendo games. It's just a joy to see so many talented people coming together, and when you have so many ideas on show it feels like everyone pitched in. Even the first few worlds which usually start off a bit slow like in 3D Land felt innovative and just bursting with ideas.

The level design is fantastic and the music is beautiful. Although it almost felt like a different team worked on the bosses and some of the side stuff. Good God they're awful, I know that's practically Mario tradition by now but that's no excuse. It's even worse this time around since there's so many of them, and it has that Mario Bros 3 thing with the map boss thing. Just because it's in an older Mario game doesn't make it entertaining or necessary part to the experience. That said it wouldn't be a problem if the boss were actually any good. Although that final boss Bowser climb was pretty good, they need to do more of that.

Plessy parts were awful and the mystery house stuff was pretty tedious to do, although Captain Toad was alright. Still can't believe they're making a whole game about him.

That said the side stuff is pretty small in dosage, and every third level or so would put a smile on my face. Mainly because Nintendo can still make these type games in 2014, it is really quite some achievement. Can't wait for the next and hope we get another one of these before NSMB.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:32 am

^ By the end of the game, the bosses just felt repetitive and boring, even more so than some other Mario games. They start off alright, but then when the same bosses repeat themselves over and over again, it just gets annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if they just used each boss once...

But basically everything you just said sums up my thoughts on the game as well. And if there is another NSMB game, maybe EAD Tokyo should help out with the level design? If that actually happens, that would be fantastic. But I doubt it.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:16 am

Zero Revolution wrote:^ By the end of the game, the bosses just felt repetitive and boring, even more so than some other Mario games. They start off alright, but then when the same bosses repeat themselves over and over again, it just gets annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if they just used each boss once...

But basically everything you just said sums up my thoughts on the game as well. And if there is another NSMB game, maybe EAD Tokyo should help out with the level design? If that actually happens, that would be fantastic. But I doubt it.

From my understanding NSMB2 was the worst selling entry in the series. Maybe they'll do as you say and put some talent on the NSMB team, or maybe they'll just take a breather and think about what they really want to do with 2D Mario. I know they're going for nostalgia with that series but there are indie games that encapsulate the essence of NES platforming better and with much more passion than the NSMB games. 2D Mario could really do with a Rayman Origins moment.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:29 pm

^ NSMB2 is the worst-selling entry in the series, but then NSMBU is more recent and has sold about 5 times the amount of copies. (and note that the Wii U userbase is MUCH smaller than the 3DS) So I really doubt they'll stop it entirely. I just don't see them being able to continue with the route they're going. The game series has "New" in the title, so they should add something that IS new, rather than just rehashing it for the most part. But that team is working on Mario Maker now, so maybe they're just trying something new with the 2D Mario games from now on. (although Mario Maker isn't exactly what I'd call something new...but it's a start)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm