The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Saint Fluffy~
commanderedgeworth
King Atem
Soupy
Luma Party
queenzelda
Marowak
11 posters

Hyrule Warriors

commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Hyrule Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Hyrule Warriors

Post by commanderedgeworth Wed May 21, 2014 6:25 am

I'm more interested in how much of the Direct will be dedicated to explaining Hyrule Warriors isn't really a Zelda game. Dynasty Warriors and Zelda are just so so so different. I bet the general reaction is "hey this Zelda looks different, but in a really repetitive way"
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 21, 2014 3:06 pm

What Direct?...

I feel like they won't really explain it much though. Iwata said already it's not the next entry in the main Zelda series, and it obviously isn't just by looking at gameplay and the name. But I do hope some more Zelda elements are included so the game isn't just Dynasty Warriors with Zelda characters, as of now it doesn't seem much different than the actual Dynasty Warriors games. (which I'm personally not a fan of at all)
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Wed May 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:What Direct?...

I feel like they won't really explain it much though. Iwata said already it's not the next entry in the main Zelda series, and it obviously isn't just by looking at gameplay and the name. But I do hope some more Zelda elements are included so the game isn't just Dynasty Warriors with Zelda characters, as of now it doesn't seem much different than the actual Dynasty Warriors games. (which I'm personally not a fan of at all)

Their "E3" Nintendo direct, if it's out in August I'm assuming it'll get a fairly large chunk of Direct time, and it was only announced at the end of last year. I'm really glad Nintendo are experimenting like this, giving big franchises to third parties and seeing they what they come up with. They haven't really done it properly since Star Fox Assault. It's something they should do more often but I could understand why people would be disappointed that the first new HD Zelda is a radical spin-off. And they could have probably picked a better title to meld together. Dynasty Warriors is very love/hate to put it mildly.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Oh, the Nintendo Digital Event. Although I'd guess it wouldn't be much different than a normal Direct though.

I agree, and I'd really like to see more games from Nintendo's franchises made by third parties. (and it sounds like this will already be happening due to something Iwata said earlier in the year) I'm not quite sure I'll like this one specifically, but it would be nice to have some others. They've already done this with F-Zero, StarFox, Pokemon, Metroid, and now Zelda. I wonder what other franchises they'd be willing to do it with. (I'd like to see another StarFox game myself, and it doesn't seem like it'll happen from Nintendo themselves)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed May 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Here's some more info. Also here's a new discussion from GameXplain.

Go Nintendo wrote:- Online article is only an excerpt of the magazine stuff.
    - In the games' universe, Shia is a witch who was responsible for protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she has a crush on Link, a soldier in training, and grows jealous of his relationship with the Princess Zelda. Shia becomes overcome by wickedness and with her two minions, Valga & Wizro in tow, she throws Hyrule into a state of chaos.
    - Also seems to confirm the chain mail is Link's solider-in-training gear.

I hope we also get the premium retail set here since the different outfits for Link and the clock sound like a good deal for a good price.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 22, 2014 3:16 pm

The story actually seems kind of interesting now. I hope we get the premium version here too, but Japan always gets all the good stuff that we don't, so I wouldn't expect it. Razz XD

Also, if anyone went to the Japanese website, you may have noticed this:

Hyrule Warriors - Page 3 Dlcbaby

So DLC is coming to Hyrule Warriors too.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri May 23, 2014 12:23 am

Maybe there will be some different Nintendo outfits for Link as DLC such as a Mario outfit or something.

Here are 40 pics, a discussion from GsmeXplain and more info about the game.

Official Website wrote:Introduction

A Great Warrior In The Zelda Universe!

Experience a new 'battle action game', born from a collaboration between Nintendo's puzzle-solving adventure game series 'The Legend of Zelda' and Tecmo Koei's 'Musou' series.

Starting with Link, players will be able to experience the game as numerous Zelda series characters set on familiar series locations.

Link Makes Light Work Of Problems!

Enjoy action not seen in most Zelda series' games as Link takes down large groups of enemies in Musou series' tradition as a 'Great Warrior'.

Of course, the game play retain's the Musou series' trademark simplicity and intuitiveness of its controls so anyone can enjoy taking down enemies as Link.

Play As Many Characters

Various characters from the Zelda series will be playable! Find your favourite and use them to fight the hordes!

Many characters and weapons from the Zelda franchise will appear as playable. You have control over the attacks, which have been beautiful and refreshingly presented using Wii U's graphics.

Combing The Best Parts of Zelda & Musou

We have used Zelda series systems like hearts for health and magic gauge, coupled with the playstyle of using items to take down bosses, and arranged them in a 'musou' context along with the music and sound effects that are tradition in the series.
    It's a new world born from a combination of the the Zelda and the Musou molds.

Story

The Triforce, composed of sacred symbols of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, will grant the wish of all who touch it. Many battles between good and evil have been fought for it through the ages.

When Hyrule was in danger of falling into the hands of evil, a hero wearing a green tunic appeared to strike down the ambitions of the evil powers. To ensure the evil would never return, he broke the evil's spirit into four pieces, sending three pieces off into the depths of space-time, and sealed the fourth piece at the entrance to the Temple with the Master Sword.

For generations since then, at the edge of Hyrule, a sorceress has watched the equilibrium between the Triforces three aspects; Courage, Wisdom, Power, using a crystal, looking for any sign of a disturbance, but...

Interview wrote:- both the game and the development team constitute a collaboration of sorts
    - the main programmer on Hyrule Warriors is a staff member from Team Ninja
    - the main planner served the same role in Omega Force’s development of One Piece: Pirate Warriors
    - the director has a background in the Dynasty Warriors series
    - this is the first time that Team Ninja and Omega Force have worked together
    - this is something they’ve wanted to do for a while, but never had the chance to

“When it comes to getting a good feeling out of beating down enemies, Omega Force, who develop the Dynasty Warriors games, would surely have an edge in that department. However, as far as one-to-one combat goes, I felt that that Team Ninja, who worked on the Dead or Alive series, could also come up with something good. So, we just decided ‘let’s just mix them together!’” - Koinuma
    “When we first began working on the plans [for the game], there were many things that we couldn’t decide on from within our company alone, so we often went to Nintendo and also consulted with Aonuma for the more detailed parts. As this process went on, we were able to see a fine line between what we could and couldn’t do with Hyrule Warriors. It got to the point where we and Aonuma reached a common understanding of what we could do with Hyrule Warriors, and from there, development really really sped up.” - Hayashi
    “The Legend of Zelda has a history of 27 years, and the way it is played has already been well-established. So at first, we went in the direction of wanting to make something that could follow the way The Legend of Zelda is played. However, that is something you could experience by playing any game of The Legend of Zelda series, and even if we could imitate the surface of it, it’s not something we could actually make. In the end, we realized that it would be best to make a Warriors title that has elements from The Legend of Zelda series.

There wouldn’t be a reason for making it a Warriors [game] otherwise, right? I wanted Tecmo Koei to make a Zelda game that I can’t make. And for this reason, I asked them to ‘give it more of a Warriors approach’.” - Aonuma

I know lots of people don't like the way this game is turning but, playing different then a Zelda game is what this game is about.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri May 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Different outfits would be cool and make sense since this is Dynasty Warriors. Razz I'd like to dress up as Tingle, unless he's playable. It would make sense for him to be playable, these games have a TON of characters, and he has shown up in quite a few Zelda games. Just saying.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:23 am

It seems like Argorok from Twilight Princess will be a boss character.

Hyrule Warriors - Page 3 Am8e54

It cool that Argorok is back and I agree with DaKid that Minda should be a playable character.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Knowing the amount of characters these games usually have, Midna will definitely be playable alongside at least 50 or so others. Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:27 pm

New E3 trailer:

Hyrule Warriors looks much better now. I love that Zelda and Midna are playable, I can't wait to play as them! I also think Ganon and Tingle will be playable in the game too.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:49 pm

I also like how Zelda and Minda are playable and the gameplay looks good from what I have seen.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Idk if I like it atmo. I may change my mind in time but it looks to be a capture & keep the flag kind of game to me. Bleh.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Here are some english translations from that V-Jump screen from a while ago.

Spoiler:

Also I don't think Zelda will be playable until half way through the story since Shia kidnapped her. Unless a different Zelda comes in to help or they got rid of the kidnapped plot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 pm