The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Nino
Winters Thief Zero
Kinopio
Saint Fluffy~
TheTrainerExpert
King Atem
queenzelda
11 posters

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Empty Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed May 07, 2014 12:28 pm

The remakes of the Hoenn games are coming worldwide this November.

PR Email wrote:Introducing Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, an Epic Adventure Launching Worldwide in November 2014

BELLEVUE, WA -- May 7, 2014 -- The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will launch worldwide in November 2014, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade Pokémon in a new adventure.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.

Be sure to visit Pokemon.com frequently for more Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire news and information that will roll out leading up to the worldwide launch in November.

Visit Pokemon.com, Like the official Pokémon Facebook page at Facebook.com/Pokemon, and follow @Pokemon on Twitter.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Qryulw

I think mostly everyone sad that 3rd gen remakes were coming in 2014. It also sounds like there will be some new towns like in Pokemon Black and White 2.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Empty Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 07, 2014 3:05 pm

We all knew they'd remake these games. It's too bad we don't get any actual footage though, and November is pretty soon. I might pick these up if they aren't full price. (I kind of doubt they will be)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Empty Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Post by queenzelda Wed May 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Nice! Looks like I now have something to look forwards to that's releasing gaming wise! Can't wait to play both of these remakes. :3
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Wed May 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Sweet! Looks like I get to experience either one since I've never played Ruby or Sapphire prior. Very Happy
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Post by Nino Wed May 07, 2014 6:24 pm

These remakes were seen coming. I'm looking forward to some of the new changes that these games would offer.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 am

Here the discussion from GameXplain.

I like there idea about the games being more about land and sea since it would be a nice change to see the evil teams plan work for once.

Also it seems like the game will be a full remake.

Iwata wrote:he announcement was made only yesterday, so we were unable to include them in the supplementary document for this financial briefing, but the latest installments from the Pokémon franchise, “Pokémon Omega Ruby” and “Pokémon Alpha Sapphire” will be released globally for Nintendo 3DS in November this year. They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance “Pokémon Ruby” and “Pokémon Sapphire” games, which sold more than 5.44 million units in Japan and more than 16.22 million units worldwide.

I still think there will be lots of elements taken from X and Y though.

Lastly here's 10 questions I came up with as part of the hype train.

If the mega stones come back what Pokemon will get mega evolutions?

Will trainer customization make a return?

Will Kalos Pokemon appear in the after game?

Will there be any changes to the gyms?

Who would you like to see as the champion?

Wii secret bases make a return?

What starter do you plan on using?

Will Pokemon Amie return?

Should there be a hard mode from the start?

Will the Mega Ring be given to you in the main game or post game?

1. I see the other 2 starters getting a mega evolution along with Salamence, Metagross, Sableye, Groudon and Kyogre.

2. I think it will return since lots of people liked using it in X and Y. I hope the guy character has more options for clothes and hair though.

3. I think most of them will shown up in some new area in the after game.

4. I know it won't happen but, I want to see the water gym removed for a dark gym,

5, I think the champion will still be the some trainer . I would be cool if someone different was the champion though.

6.I hope they return and there be a option were friends can look inside of them online.

7.I think I'm going to pick Teecko.

8. I think it kind of has to be back since that's the only way to get Sylveon.

9. I hope they add this since X and Y was a cake walk.

10.I think it should be given out after the 4th gym badge. However it might also not be given to the player until the after game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 pm

If the mega stones come back what Pokemon will get mega evolutions?

Raichu (I'm sure it's obvious where I got the idea Razz XD) and maybe Mega Crobat would be cool.

Will trainer customization make a return?

I don't see why not. Maybe you can customize the character a bit more, but I kind of doubt it since these are only remakes.

Will Kalos Pokemon appear in the after game?

I think they'll show up in the main game tbh. I mean, there's the Pokemon Bank, plus there should be Pokemon that weren't in the original games. Otherwise, what's the point really. So they'll definitely be showing up, but probably will be available from the start. (maybe just more rare to find or something like that)

Will there be any changes to the gyms?

Probably not. But I guess it's possible they'll change them.

Who would you like to see as the champion?

Did HeartGold and SoulSilver have a different champion than the original games? I'd guess it would be the same one, but if those remakes had a different champion, then it's likely it will be the same for this.

Will secret bases make a return?

I'm guessing so since they were a cool part of the original games.

What starter do you plan on using?

I'd pick Mudkip, but I'll probably wind up choosing Torchic because I just have to choose a fire type Pokemon. XD

Will Pokemon Amie return?

Maybe? I honestly have no idea.

Should there be a hard mode from the start?

I was going to say it would be unlockable, but these are remakes, so those who played the original games would want to have hard mode from the start. So yeah, it should be.

Will the Mega Ring be given to you in the main game or post game?

I think during the main game, since it would be kind of pointless after game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat May 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Here's the sneak peak.

I guess the footage of Groudon and Kyogre is cool but, I also wanted to see some gameplay of the trainers walking. Also Pokémon Get☆TV will be showing more gameplay next week and there were hinting at Mega Groudon and Kyogre.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Well if I'm not going to watch any footage of this game at all, I guess I won't watch that video. Razz XD

Still I'm really excited for these games. I also somehow just now realized that in the teaser for it, they said it will be a "new adventure" and have a "dramatic new world" So could that mean these aren't actually remakes? I mean, I'd guess they are, but it does seem kind of strange they'd say that if they are just remakes of the original games. It wouldn't be a new adventure or have a new world like they said.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:51 pm

It seems like Target has listed the release dates as November 7th Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphie.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Tenta

I see it being more likely that the game comes out on the 4th or the 10th of November since Saturday would be a good day for a worldwide release.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Friday would make sense since most games now release on Friday in NA. Although if it is a simultaneous worldwide release, then it would probably be on the Sunday. (since Pokemon X/Y released on a Sunday I think)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:16 am

Pokémon Get☆TV will be showing some new gameplay on June 15th.

Go Nintendo wrote:- due to air on June 15th
    - next CoroCoro is due will have new info as well
    - this info will likely be the same as the show

Source

It's likely just the same info were getting at E3.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Well I don't think I'll be looking at any footage of the game until I actually purchase it. I want everything new to be a surprise since I know the games will be good. (since it's just a remake of Ruby/Sapphire)

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Here's some pics of the new Mega Evolutions and a look at Team Aqua and Magma.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire 27zb0r5

Serebii,net wrote:The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim.
    Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
    Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game
    The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle.
    Edit @ 18:03: I have created pages for the new Mega Evolutions & Prehistoric Pokémon

Source

The Mega starters look good and Groudon & Kyogre's new Mega Evolutions also look cool. Also the male trainer skin is darker in one of the pics so I think it's a hint that character customization is back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:13 pm