The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Nino
Winters Thief Zero
Kinopio
Saint Fluffy~
TheTrainerExpert
King Atem
queenzelda
11 posters

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - Page 6 Empty Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Ehhh...you'd think they would make a demo version of their game at least somewhat like the actual game to get an idea of how much you'll enjoy it. (although I guess Pokemon is already pretty widespread) Mission-based is obviously nothing like the final game will be, so I have no idea why they'd choose to do that for the demo.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - Page 6 Empty Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:42 pm

I thought that the demo was okay. I think it has it's own charm but wasn't really challenging. I did like anything that involved Team Aqua, Team Magma, and the rival but the rest of the missions weren't interesting. The secret mission is too hard to get because it's so rare. I also like Mega Glalie and the other mega evolutions. I"m sure the full game will be much better.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:17 pm

It sounds like it's just best to skip out on the demo & wait to get the main games when they release. /: I'm kind of glad I skipped on getting any kind of demo code.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Yea, if I would have known the demo was what it was; I wouldn't have downloaded it. Despite the 'rare' mission & extra Pokemon you can catch in the demo. x-x Yea, getting Glalie is nice but meh I could have caught it in game anyway impo.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:16 pm

The reviews are in.

IGN - As a 3D remake, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby do a fantastic job of reintroducing Hoenn. Little details, like characters turning their heads to look as you pass or flocks of Wingulls flying overhead, make the region really come to life, and small updates and tweaks help make the journey smoother. Still, a few of its flaws are even more glaring in 3D, especially the excess water Pokémon and often dull navigation of their habitats. The added online features could help mitigate some of the type imbalances — I’m a huge fan of Wonder Trade — and there are even a few post-game surprises to encourage you to keep training well beyond the 25-hour main story.

CVG - It may not be the greatest Pokemon game, but it's still a strong one: as far as remakes go, this is more Clooney and Pitt in Ocean's Eleven than Nicolas Cage in The Wicker Man.

Kotaku - All of this to say, the game isn't as perfect as I thought it was, even with modern improvements. I still think it's worth playing, though

Gamespot - Becoming a Pokemon master is a long journey that is at times exciting, and unexpected discoveries and the potential for hard-fought battles with friends compels you to charge forward. Yes, its the same game we've seen before, but that's not a bad thing when the core concept is so engaging and rewarding. Your dedication to the cause makes the difference between becoming a good trainer or the best trainer, and while some people may end their journey once the story concludes, there's a wide variety of Pokemon to capture and raise, and potentially thousands of opponents waiting to put your Pokemon skills to the test. Give these remakes enough time, and you begin to understand why Pokemon's formula hasn't changed much over the years. It's a seemingly simple and cute journey, but with the underlying potential for strategy in combat, and a massive number of adorable Pokemon to catch, you can't help getting hooked by Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Nintendo Life - Overall, Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire seem very similar to Pokémon X & Y, as you might expect, but the story and the environments you encounter feel – despite the fact that they are remakes – very fresh and unique. They’re not an extensive upgrade from their other 3DS counterparts, but any Poké-fan who’s played one of the series remakes in the past knows that expecting an enormous upgrade is a fool’s errand. These titles should be considered as games that belong alongside X & Y, rather than successors. They've successfully surpassed X & Y, however, by building on the tremendous features available on the 3DS and pushing new ideas such as the Soar ability. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are a must-buy for any Poké-fan, even if you already own X or Y.

GamesTM - Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire is an almost perfect game, held back only by the selection of creatures available during the 20-hour long main quest and some post-game elements that didn’t make it through since X/Y.

EGM Now - Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire surprised me with how much it was able to add from Pokémon X/Y—yet manage to stay true to the original adventure from more than a decade ago. Not all the new features were as impressive as they were hyped to be, and not everything that should’ve come over from X/Y did in the end, but despite this, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are more than worthy of the Pokémon name, and they work as either new adventures for newcomers to the series or fun strolls down memory lane for lifelong trainers.

Joystiq - If you can't stand the cutesy vibe or slow, turn-based gameplay of Pokemon, Pokemon ORAS are not the games that will convert you. They're not a revolution for the series, but are instead an evolution and refinement of concepts that have been fan-favorites since the 1990s. This is a larger, more detailed world than the series has ever seen, and thanks to a swath of subtle improvements, exploring the Hoenn Region is more satisfying and rewarding than it's ever been. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire do little to overhaul the major pillars of a series that's long relied on the same set of classic ideas, but they don't have to. The core mechanics of Pokemon remain immensely addictive, and Game Freak's latest coat of polish only enhances an already captivating adventure.

Gamesradar - Adding extra features and gleeful retro throwbacks to Ruby and Sapphire's solid foundation has only heightened the classic experience, further enhancing their potential to devour hours upon hours of your time. While a few minor annoyances and superficial cracks appear from time to time, either remake is well worth investing in.

Destructoid - Oddly enough, a game that made its debut almost 12 years ago is what it took to lure me back into Pokémania. Although X & Y did an admirable job when it came to transitioning the Pokémon series onto the 3DS, to me (other than the graphics) it seemed like the same formula from 1998 with a new coat of paint. However, this entry feels like a true next-gen title, with all the charm of the Pokémon franchise and just the right amount of features and complexities to have players journeying through Hoenn for years to come. Grab a Poké Ball and jump right in!

NWR - Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are way better games than last year’s X/Y while also improving on the Game Boy Advance originals. Many of the features, like Pokémon-Amie, return to the game, but they managed to make extra subtle tweaks in this remake.

The only bad review is the IGN one since they removed more points then they should have. I guess Omega Ruby is the better pick though if you want to cut out a few of the water trainers though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:53 pm

I'm not sure whether I want to get one of the games soon, or wait to play another Pokemon game for awhile. These do seem to be the most interesting games in the series, so I do think I'm willing to buy one. I'll have to think about it. I definitely can't get it launch day though, I'm really busy.
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Post by Nino Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:30 am

Starting on November 26, the Eon Ticket will be available via StreetPass! Play! Pokemon League leaders will receive the original tickets to distribute to participants in Pokemon League.
    The Nintendo World Store in New York City will also distribute the Eon Ticket from November 26 to January 14.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:39 pm

SkyeJinx wrote:Starting on November 26, the Eon Ticket will be available via StreetPass! Play! Pokemon League leaders will receive the original tickets to distribute to participants in Pokemon League.
    The Nintendo World Store in New York City will also distribute the Eon Ticket from November 26 to January 14.
    ^Over streetpass huh? Looks like I'm going to need a reason to go out to a streetpass location to get this ticket then. I want to eventually capture Latios & Latias since I'm planning on getting both titles anyway. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Can someone explain to me what the Eon Ticket is?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Basically the Eon ticket opens up an area for you to explore in order to get Latios & (or) Latias in game after defeating the elite four & the champ in game. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Oh, alright, thanks. ^^

Guess I'll need to put this game on when I go somewhere with my 3DS. I like the idea of them using StreetPass for a distribution like that.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:06 pm

IGN wrote:Too much water...

Guys, these games are bad. *shot*

I got Omega Ruby a week ago and it's been a blast overall! Smile Turning off the EXP Share seemed like the right decision as well (though I kinda wish there was a hard mode in this game).
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Post by Nino Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:52 pm

A Tyrunt with its Hidden Ability Sturdy will be available for all players that participate in the Battle of Hoenn! Players need to register on Pokemon Global Link and complete at least three battles in order to receive this Tyrunt. Registration deadline is Thursday, January 22 at 6:59 PM EST.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:54 pm

The Battle of Hoenn? What's that? (I haven't finished the game and am not really in the Pokemon loop lately) It sounds nice though, I do like Tyrunt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:14 pm